Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
    Vendor Baxter Built Fabrications's Avatar

Camoplast Tatou 4S tracks kit with Lone Star MTS.

I won't mention any names in case he wants it to remain silent on this project.Hoping he'll chime in later with completed pics.I had one of our westerly forum members contact me here a while back about making some brackets for his new tracks kit.There is a torsion bar set up that attaches to the factory A arms for these kits.Just so happens he wants to run the same suspension that I'm running with the track so it poses a problem.It also happened to be the same tracks set up I want to run on mine down the road.None of this will make sense until we have finished pics but here's the progress so far.

In these first 2 pics it I'm showing where the bolt drops threw for the torsion bar,in relation to the ball joint with a transfer punch that's tight in the bracket hole.Sense all I have is the brackets that come with the tracks I can only assume that's on purpose.

The rest of the pics are of the new front self jigging bracket.No trick CNC press brakes at this shop.So I designed the parts to self jig together with those little nubs on the parts.That way I knew I was going to hit my mark spot on without the wasted time of a welding fixture or jig.

Those bolts that drop threw the top will probably be counter sunk heads to get a little more clearance to the CV boot.IT's not as close as it looks in the pics but a aftermarket boot or axle may get close.
    So if you already have camoplast tracks on your Rhino and your looking for a better suspension go with LS MTS and the brackets can be found here.There will be a spare set on my shelf until my tracks get here.lol
    08 Resurrected Rhino build and your custom SXS fabrication shop @ Baxter Built Fabrications. Give me a call at 419-953-8509 if you have any questions.

2. Likes Kenny G liked this post
    Looks and sounds like a challenge. Hope it works.
    Commander 1000
    Kawasaki Prairie 400
    Suzuki Ozark 250
    Suzuki 230
    F-250 6.0 Diesel

Nice! Thanks for posting up the progress. When I went looking for a fabricator for this project I know the first stop was going to be 'Bad Ass Baxter Fab;' and I haven't been let down. Looks like top notch work and can't wait to get them home after they get powder coated silver to matchup with the LSR MTS. Thanks Jason.
    06/450: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod Sheave/12gr OD's; Blue Spring; 04 Style/KN Air; Dyna CDI; Axia Exhaust Tip; 3" Lift; Sport Shocks; 27X14 Mudlite XTR's; Warn 2500#

08/700: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod X-Sheave/16gr OD's/Slugged; Purple Spring; Alba TB; Raptor HotCam; MSD/JBS-Map; Yoshimura Duals; Pro One Doors; LSR MTS; LSR Front & Back Supports; Ricochet Skids; Elka 4's; RackZilla/PS: 26X12 Pitbull Growlers; Camoplast T4S; Viper 4500#; Trail Bright LEDs.
    Let'em Buck!!!

5. Likes 08Rhino450SE liked this post