Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Vendor Baxter Built Fabrications's Avatar

Sport shocks spanner tool

Well after one week of my arm being cut off.My CNC plasma cutter is back up and running.That's not a machine I like to see go down and it's the first time it's been down for more than a few hrs. in 5 yrs.For those of you running the sport piggy shocks you might be interseted in the little tool I have coming.After I chewed the spring nuts all to hell with channel locks I finally decided to make a good tool for it.The spanner wrenches I've seen for this always have a handle to get in the way.After I work out a few bugs this will go on a 1/2" drive ratchet allowing you to get into tighter spots and make adjustments.I have to do some checking but I think it will work fine with the Kaw's as well.
    08 Resurrected Rhino build and your custom SXS fabrication shop @ Baxter Built Fabrications. Give me a call at 419-953-8509 if you have any questions.

I would say you better run off a batch of those. I want one.
    JBS 734 with Crank Works crank and rod - CP 11:1 BBK- Hotcams stage 3 Raptor cam - JBS ported head - JBS Hot Rod sheave with 16s - Gold secondary - 26x9 OG Bighorns on Racline wheels - BRP cdi - Bazzaz Z FI - Yoshimura exhaust - Hump's led headlight swap with Trailbrightled lights - 10" Rigid SR light bar - 4" cage chop with home made custom bracing - home built doors - Mishimoto radiator

3. Likes 09RhinoAZ liked this post
    That will be a popular item.
    Commander 1000
    Kawasaki Prairie 400
    Suzuki Ozark 250
    Suzuki 230
    F-250 6.0 Diesel

Great idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08 700 SE 4 seater cage suspension seats, 4 pt harness,RW exhaust, kn intake,msd 3d,hot rod sheave w OD 16s purple spring friction washers,JBS RAD gaurds,led taillights, 26 mudlites,itp wheels,2000lbs winch, soon to come throttle body,cam wet slugs always need more speed...

X2 on the Channel Locks, add in the knuckle busting and pinched fingers when they'd slip-off the nut. I'd say that could be a winner from Bad Ass Baxter.
    06/450: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod Sheave/12gr OD's; Blue Spring; 04 Style/KN Air; Dyna CDI; Axia Exhaust Tip; 3" Lift; Sport Shocks; 27X14 Mudlite XTR's; Warn 2500#

08/700: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod X-Sheave/16gr OD's/Slugged; Purple Spring; Alba TB; Raptor HotCam; MSD/JBS-Map; Yoshimura Duals; Pro One Doors; LSR MTS; LSR Front & Back Supports; Ricochet Skids; Elka 4's; RackZilla/PS: 26X12 Pitbull Growlers; Camoplast T4S; Viper 4500#; Trail Bright LEDs.
    Let'em Buck!!!

Still Shakin' the Cage 08Rhino450SE's Avatar
    good thinkin' BBF
    definitely the right tool for the job. put me on the list, too.
    Mountaineers are Always Free!

I'm going to make the changes to the drawing and try another tonight.I thought this might be a handy little tool.I'll burn a bunch off and keep them in stock like I do the 660 diff brackets.
    08 Resurrected Rhino build and your custom SXS fabrication shop @ Baxter Built Fabrications. Give me a call at 419-953-8509 if you have any questions.

BBF- an idea for you- go inboard and cut another square but at 45 degrees to the one shown. Dont' know if you could cut an 8 point so that the square drive could be used in two positions. I like using a breaker bar on mine as it is more stabile than the rachet.......
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

10. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    OK,before I posted the picture I should have ran one that actually fit and worked because I made 4 different designs and all were knuckle busting pieces of chit!!! The problem lies when you use a ratchet for every click on the ratchet you change the position of leverage.
    "Bad Idea!" I got what you where saying about the breaker bar and another position but that change in leverage "I'm finding" is not good. With one click of a ratchet I was busting my freaking fingers.lol I've bought enough junk so I'm not going to sell it.So here's what I have.May not fit everybody's application but this wrench is going to be strictly a payload wrench that works on the rear only.They have 3 different sized nuts on the factory piggy shocks.Not sure why But I can only fit the rear on 1 wrench.I know on the load nut what I have is perfect.On the other end of the wrench in the CAD drawing I'm going to try and incorporate the smaller jam nut size.I need to find one local I can get factory measurement off of so I know how long I can go.Here's the CAD pic of what I have so far.The actual one I made like this works awesome but it's to short.The hook in it after the actual engagement hoop to the nut is for the piggy so you can do it under the fender bringing it straight to you.
    This is one of those deals you think "wow,I'm going to make a tool for this because I'm tired of busting my knuckles and in the end you busted your knuckles and spent a bunch of time on it.So much time I need to make it work and work right because it's got on my nerves.lol

12. Likes Hump, scottwv, jimclemjr liked this post
    OK,I went back out and finished it because I wasn't sure I could fallow my last post.lol

This is more towards the non busted knuckle feel I was looking for.Not as compact but it doesn't require you to own or carry another tool to make it work either.What's your thought?

14. Thanks jimclemjr thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast