Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

school me on ar`15`s

i have been thinking about buying a left handed ar for a few months now. lets just assume i don't know anything about ar`s i have only owned 1 ar before and i bought it used only to flip it for a few hundred profit in less then a month. i have never shot one or broke 1 down. i am looking at stag arms i like there warranty and they are the first to produce a left handed ar. now i don't need top shelf but i don't want bargain basement either.
    Redneck Crazy - 2017 Teryx4 LE , 4" portals , cage chop , arched A arms , 32x10x14 pro armor crawler xg , sti hd beadlocks , winch bumper , 5,000# winch , custom snorkels.

Sounds like you know what u want already.

Happy shooting!!!

yup a left handed stag ar. the problem is stag makes 15 left handed ar`s and I don't know what the hell im looking at...lol
    Redneck Crazy - 2017 Teryx4 LE , 4" portals , cage chop , arched A arms , 32x10x14 pro armor crawler xg , sti hd beadlocks , winch bumper , 5,000# winch , custom snorkels.

I'm curious as to why you think you "need" a leftie anyway . My dad shoots leftie ; and , he has ZERO issues shooting any of his ar's, or mine . A leftie upper is more coin ; but , the ambi controls aren't that expensive . I guess it comes down to what you want...I'd try out a "regular" one , and see if ya liked it or not , before you spend the extra money on a "special" one . Used regular ones are way down in price now around here .
    08 700 ...

Banned
    I was trying to learn more about them too. I have been wanting one for a while now....then the UTV bug bit me

I'm a lefty as well and have never actually shot a left handed gun, when I did my AR I was thinking about the Stag but the price was not feasible when I can get a right handed upper for damn near half the price. I have no problems shooting mine left handed and the shell deflector kicks the spent casings away pretty good.
    2015 Teryx 4 LE 800, EMP full glass windshield,JBS floor guards, Street legal kit. Highlifter 2" lift, Super ATV arched A-arms, M20 wheels, 28" ITP Bajacross tires. Bandit shocks, Throttle Maxx throttle pedal extension Rock lights, Terra45 winch, JBS Radiator guards, custom JBS hood decal and tunes!!

scott its more of a want then a need. I am left handed and so is my youngest daughter. I have shot regular guns my whole life and never had a problem. there more of a pain in the ass with the mag release , safety and bolt (if it a bolt action) but adapt and overcome is the way of life for a lefty. I just think it would be nice to have a true left handed gun for me and my daughter eventually it will be hers.

I'm with ya...I'd prob still pick up nice used one and try it out tho . If you like it , you can switch it over...I know a guy that swapped out uppers on his , because he wanted it leftie . Like I said , the ambi controls aren't expensive .
    08 700 ...

Hell I don't think I could run a lefty gun lol
    2015 Teryx 4 LE 800, EMP full glass windshield,JBS floor guards, Street legal kit. Highlifter 2" lift, Super ATV arched A-arms, M20 wheels, 28" ITP Bajacross tires. Bandit shocks, Throttle Maxx throttle pedal extension Rock lights, Terra45 winch, JBS Radiator guards, custom JBS hood decal and tunes!!

Lefty here too, no problem with AR in regular configuration. If you plan to keep it for life, I'd say it's your money and go get what you want. If you have any reserves about the future and keeping or selling it, I'd say buy regular configuration because the controls are pretty user friendly and it would be a LOT easier to sell. I'd recommend some range time with one, that will help you decide if you want to spend the extra coin for a left handed model.
    2014 Can Am Commander 1000 XT-P
    2012 Yamaha Rhino 700
    2002 Honda Foreman 450 ES

11. Likes scottwv, ryanO liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast