Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dyno Sheets

too bad you guys couldn't have swapped tires and ran on the dyno again to see the differences. as to put apples to apples.
    08 700SE
    --Beast Mode--
    JBS BBK stroker w/clutching
    MTS

i just cant see 17s hitting the limiter...will tear mine down and do vids...something isnt right..when you say you wanna mill one less i promise your going the wrong way
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

Still Shakin' the Cage 08Rhino450SE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FordTruckMan View Post
    yes, very heavy, I didn't weigh them though, and they on on aftermarket 12" steel rims. Yes dyno runs were in 2wd. Ya I know the tires suck some power for sure, I'm just concerned with the rpms being low. I wish I knew what RPM the engine made it's peak power, that would help lol
    it doesn't look right to me, but i'm no expert. imo the torque shouldn't drop off like that and then peak at high rpm.
    if they didn't compensate for the larger circumference of the tires (the weight wouldn't make that much difference) the output would be skewed, too.

EDIT: deleted reference to rpm, hp & torque dyno pull.

can't wait until the new 5-speed comes out hehe
    Mountaineers are Always Free!

4. Likes rodneygt liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by 08Rhino450SE View Post
    .......... if they can get you the RPM output, and not the wheel speed, it will tell you a lot more about the torque you're making.
    I'm not sure about that. With the Continuously Variable transmission ratio you have no way to determine the actual engine torque, but rather only the torque at the wheel at any given wheel RPM. The "drag racing optimized" CVT profile would jump up to the engine's max torque RPM immediately and stay there until the CVT ratio maxed out within its range. At that point, the engine RPM would then increase (torque would decrease), until it hit red line RPM. You cannot analyze the actual engine performance curve the same way as you can with a single known gear ratio. Actually, thinking about it sort of makes my head spin... :-)
    | I took the one less traveled by....
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #
    |___________________________________

6. Likes rodneygt, jimclemjr liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by WV Hot Rod Rhino View Post
    i just cant see 17s hitting the limiter...will tear mine down and do vids...something isnt right..when you say you wanna mill one less i promise your going the wrong way
    Don't forget I have the pipe and fuel controller, which netted about 8hp on the stock tires on Erin's wolverine, which they did their initial testing on. I can promise you there is nothing installed incorrectly. For one thing, this is not my first bike with a modified sheave. I also ran the Coop sheave in my wifes 550 grizz, still in there actually, made a MASSIVE difference, she runs 28" zillas and can still wheelie in Low range. Second, as I installed the 16g, then 17g, then 18g weights, I noticed the engine hit the limiter less as I installed each heavier weight. My only thought here, is that the clutch is slipping too much before it engages...I do NOT have a slug kit, and I should...unfortunately the wife put a Kabosh on that...no more money she says...This would make sense, because with the 17g weights, as I was rolling at 5-8mph I could mash the pedal and it would just take off like a fucking rocketship. So I am thinking the more i talk through this i just need to tell the wife tough cookies, and get a slug kit lol.
    Last edited by FordTruckMan; 08-27-2015 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Spelling/Grammar
    2016 Wolverine-Blue EPS

8. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorider View Post
    too bad you guys couldn't have swapped tires and ran on the dyno again to see the differences. as to put apples to apples.
    Yes I agree, unfortunately it didn't work out that way. They were really pressed for time as it was.
    2016 Wolverine-Blue EPS

Still Shakin' the Cage 08Rhino450SE's Avatar

Ya that is Erin Thompson's dyno sheet. They don't list his rpm sheet, and I talked to him today, they never gave him a copy. I might call Mike Schoenmeyer at HMF again and see if he has Erin's other sheet available.
    2016 Wolverine-Blue EPS

it could be slipping out of the hole cause of the slugs....next week im gonna do alot of testing...there will be alot of info coming
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WV Hot Rod Rhino View Post
    next week im gonna put a cam in Ryan's Viking, there will be alot of info coming
    Fixed it for ya!!!

Sent from The Green Machine

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast