Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vtpoolman View Post
    here in vermont you don't need a permit to carry open or concealed. wish i could get a permit to carry in all states. also wish that everyone that has a gun should go threw some sort of training. even if it was just a hunter safety course. bullets don't stop in sheetrock. and can pass threw a house like a hot knife threw butter. one of the last hunting accidents her a guy was shot watching tv in his chair. the guy was shooting at a deer in the field. he got the deer and the man watching tv. the house was 100 yards away from were the deer was.
    Thats sad. The hunter completely failed his hunters ed by not checking back drop. And to take someone's life by being so reckless. Especially over a damn deer.

Sent from my STV100-1 Priv
    08 700SE
    --Beast Mode--
    JBS BBK stroker w/clutching
    MTS

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    training should be mandatory!!!!! I was at a gun show and overheard a kid telling his buddy that anything less then a .45 is a complete waste and should not even be made and that anything less then a .45 is not an effective killing / stopping round. I wanted to slap that dumb ass across the back of his head. same gun show different table a female asked a guy what gun to put in her purse revolver or regular gun....lol. he handed her a shield 9mm over a s&w snubbie. she grabbed the gun and held it like a revolver so you know that slide was gonna bite her. he said nothing and the guy she was with said how do we use it and load it.....WTF !!!!! then at cabelas a kid asked the salesman whats good for a first ccw gun salesman said full size 1911 .45 nothing less. my god people are stupid...

Most people have the mindset that bigger is always BETTER...no amount of education can fix downright ignorance. The problem with "mandated" classes, or courses is too much "opinion" being taught...too many instructors are teaching their interpretation of the laws, which, IMO is WORSE THAN zero instruction! Most "accidents" occour because of lack of common sense , which cannot be "taught" IMO.

Just keep in mind, NO WHERE in the admendment does it say right to bear arms...if you take a "safety course" !!
    08 700 ...

3. Likes Timmi liked this post
    I envy you guys in the state of md. that's pretty much a no unless your a cop, I have a permit from the Utah class and am legal to carry in all the surrounding states that allow concealed carry but not in my home state , go figure
    07 camo 660,yoshi duals,kms intake,dynatec cdi,jet kit, montana jack f&r winch mount,w/ warn xt40, 27" bighorns,2" lift, cab with summit heater,aux red top optima, 5 bad ass jrt's on board,itp ss 212s, jbs sheave,14 gr. wts,orange spring, 40 " led light bar, autometer guages,equus tach,innovate afm, jensen ms30 ,jbl 6.5s, elka stage 1 shocks, kenwood 2way radio, alpine ktp445u amp, led headlight mod,twisted stitch harnesses,pro1 doors, 60 amp alternator,power steering, pc925 battery

Quote Originally Posted by scottwv View Post
    Most people have the mindset that bigger is always BETTER...no amount of education can fix downright ignorance. The problem with "mandated" classes, or courses is too much "opinion" being taught...too many instructors are teaching their interpretation of the laws, which, IMO is WORSE THAN zero instruction! Most "accidents" occour because of lack of common sense , which cannot be "taught" IMO.

Just keep in mind, NO WHERE in the admendment does it say right to bear arms...if you take a "safety course" !!
    maybe it should. I am 150% pro gun but in todays society I believe people should have some sort of training to be allowed to carry a firearm. there should be nationwide guidelines set forth by the nra that should be followed and taught. it jus scares the hell outta me knowing that people like that are out there walking around with a loaded gun...lol. had a goon up here a few towns over tell another guy that he had to move from his seat because it was his seat in sunday moring mass. when the guy said no go find another seat the other guy pulled a badge that had ccw engraved on it and said I am licensed to ccw don't make me use it. dude laughed and said just go find a seat will the first guy pulled his 9mm and killed him right there in church infront of everyone.
    Redneck Crazy - 2017 Teryx4 LE , 4" portals , cage chop , arched A arms , 32x10x14 pro armor crawler xg , sti hd beadlocks , winch bumper , 5,000# winch , custom snorkels.

A license is when the government takes away your rights then sells them back to you.

7. Thanks Timmi thanked for this post
    Likes scottwv, madmax 1 liked this post
    ^^^...That is a good example of ignorance; and , lack of common sense on the shooters part...you can't "fix" that with any type of schooling . It isn't up to the NRA , nor the government to teach gun "safety"...it is our job as gun owning parents/mentors to teach safe handling of a firearm. My 16 year old son has better firearm handling skills than a lot of people that carry everyday with a CCW (and probably shoots better as well). The "basic" NRA course/class that is required for a CCW is a joke ; and , IMO is just another way to generate revenue.

If we let the government put stipulations , or special requirements on any of our RIGHTS, regardless of the amendment...they will be/get taken away !!
    08 700 ...

9. Likes 08Rhino450SE, madmax 1 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by duplinpirate View Post
    a license is when the government takes away your rights then sells them back to you.

exactly !!!
    08 700 ...

concealed carry now legal in WV (w/o permit)

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    maybe it should. I am 150% pro gun but in todays society I believe people should have some sort of training to be allowed to carry a firearm. there should be nationwide guidelines set forth by the nra that should be followed and taught. it jus scares the hell outta me knowing that people like that are out there walking around with a loaded gun...lol. had a goon up here a few towns over tell another guy that he had to move from his seat because it was his seat in sunday moring mass. when the guy said no go find another seat the other guy pulled a badge that had ccw engraved on it and said I am licensed to ccw don't make me use it. dude laughed and said just go find a seat will the first guy pulled his 9mm and killed him right there in church infront of everyone.
    The NRA does have a nation wide standard for ccw. It's called first steps. As Scott said it's pretty much a joke. It is designed for a person that has never hand a firearm in there hand before. It is a gun safety and gun orientation class. It a 3 to 4 hr class that can be taught in less than a hr. It has nothing to do with concealed carry. And furthermore it has nothing to do with common sense. The bra has several different types of classes but it all boils down to how much time the student want to spend in class and what they want to learn. Being a NRA instructor and former gun store owner. You would be suprised what you would see and hear on a daily basis. It's a crazy world with crazy people walking around legally and illegally. So with that I have a couple questions that lead to the opinion of a instructor. Do you carry ?? And if so how much you practice??
    Using Tapatalk

Still Shakin' the Cage 08Rhino450SE's Avatar
    when i talk to people afraid of guns i invite them to go to the range with me.
    i've convinced more than one anti-gunner that "an armed society is a polite society."
    people that are afraid of guns more often than not don't have any experience with guns.

the media won't admit it, but at the gabrielle giffords shooting in tucson the gunman was apprehended by a concealed carrier that caught him out of ammo and changing mags.

i think guns are a lot of fun.
    they're nothing more than a tool. if you don't respect the hammer you get a smashed thumb. you just can't teach common sense, though.

13. Thanks madmax 1 thanked for this post
    Likes mjn liked this post
    you gotta remember all these political stats about firearms are by and for city people
    the only guns they see are carried by cops or criminals

there would be a lot less crime and accidents if firearms weren't kept from law abiding people

you can't learn about something that is kept from you

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast