Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clutching issue

Angry Clutching issue

I put a jbs clutch in and all new parts and the slug kit on and now when I go to put it in gear it jerks forward and stalls right out and the belt is spinning at idle I'm not sure what's going on with it just looking for a solution it won't let me upload a video but can send it through email or text for some one who can help

one way is in backwards
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

3. Likes Timmi liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonepatterson View Post
    I put a jbs clutch in and all new parts and the slug kit on and now when I go to put it in gear it jerks forward and stalls right out and the belt is spinning at idle I'm not sure what's going on with it just looking for a solution it won't let me upload a video but can send it through email or text for some one who can help
    It is very likely that you have reinstalled the one-way clutch ("Bearing") in backwards. It is a sprag clutch that transmits torque on one direction and not in the other. It is there to hold the wet clutch engaged when engine braking from a higher speed. It mounts onto the clutch carrier which you installed the slug kit into. It will be found underneath the drum/shaft that drives the primary sheave. As you take that drum/shaft off, you should see the words "OUT SIDE" and a green dot showing. If it happens to be an aftermarket copy, you might not have those markings on either side of the one way. In that case look for the grooves on the sprags, which should all be pointed in the same direction and the "bearing" oriented as shown in the picture inset below:

| I took the one less traveled by....
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #
    |___________________________________

One way

I put a brand new one way in it and put the one way and when I did that it said this way out and I put it in facing me when o have the clutch basket out so the green dot would be facing the engine then

So when it's all together the green dot should be facing the engine not the sheave?

So when it's all together the green dot should be facing the engine not the sheave?
    No. It faces toward the outside of the engine (toward the sheave). If you put it into the drum with the words "OUT SIDE" facing you, it is in backwards. If you put it onto the clutch carrier with the words "OUT SIDE" facing you, then it is installed correctly. A very common mistake.

Below; Red is wrong, Green is correct:

| Oh, Oh .

| ............... #

8. Likes madmax 1 liked this post
    Ok I have it in backwards then for sure if that's the case it was a brand new bearing since I installed it backwards should I get a another new one or will that one still be good

Ok I have it in backwards then for sure if that's the case it was a brand new bearing since I installed it backwards should I get a another new one or will that one still be good
    It is likely to be just fine. Just turn it over. It will just cost you a new gasket for the cover at most.
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #

11. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Thanks guys it worked out and I got out riding and why a difference the clutch and slug kit make

13. Thanks jimclemjr thanked for this post
    nice!
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast