"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

I like the tread pattern you have chosen Chris.. I will start with my old 425 magnum popo i had in the 90s...I put Mud Lite XXLs on it and loved them,,,on stock wheels and bike it performed so much better on trail and at high speed the middle of the tires tread almost touching made it a winner...same reason i put Zillas on my Rhino in 28s when i bought it,,,same reason now i have 30 Monster mahems....i really think and am a belliever for trail and steep hills that tread pattern has been an assett for me even though i spend most my time in mud!!!!
    2012 blue 700
    JBS Stage 2 Extreme sheave: 15gram sliders: gold spring: Dynatek: JBS splash guards: JBS Slugged clutch: 30x9/10x14 Monster Mayhem: 14" ss212: 2"+ JD lift: 4500lb champion winch: hyperlube radiator treatment: rzr seats-JD lowered: JD 3" cage chop: blue underglows/dome light: JD aluminum roof: JD tower speaker bar with 4 1/2" and bluetooth amp: 42" light bar forward cubes rear: Half windshield: Snorkel your UTV by JD:

"truck" tread pattern tires seem to be the rage now so that's what I'm going with

I avoid mud whenever i can so a tire with tight tread for rocks is what I want.

those type tires are heavy because of the solid rubber lugs.

I want to stay with 26" if I can find a tire that is really 26" when on the machine

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

The Maxxis Vipr is a turning out to be a great tire!

I have put about 25 miles on them, and the majority of those miles has been in loose to muddy terrain. These tires have excelled in loose dirt. It's hard to describe because they hook up and handle excellent. Punch the throttle, and they will spin and track predictably. For example, the original Bighorn hooks up well in loose dirt but doesn't track as well. Sometimes it pushes and sometimes it'll slide in slicker environments. Again, the OG Bighorn is a fantastic tire but the Vipr is better in loose terrain.

The tire carcass is reminiscent of the Bighorn but with a deeper, directional tread pattern. The Vipr is like a Maxxis Zilla and a Maxxis Bighorn had a hot night together in Vegas...LoL!

I aired out my Ranger on the backroads, getting speeds of about 63MPH and running fast for a couple of miles. The Vipr and its radial construction feels stable with minimal wandering and strange floating sensations. I can't comment about tread longevity at this point, but if you need to get higher speeds this tire won't disappoint during those faster sprints.

As you might see in the picture associated with this post, I did find a deep mudhole. The bottom was soft clay and sand mixture. There's a hard clay bottom under 8" of the mucky mixture. The Viprs' tread clogged when creeping forward. This isn't surprising, as I've put Outlaws in this hole and they also will also clog up. The difference is that the Vipr needs a bit of throttle to clear the tread, and chunk mud they will when you call on the skinny peda.

So there you have my inital impression of the Maxxis Vipr. They handle and ride smooth like a Bighorn but have a more aggressive tread. This tire seems to shine in loose dirt and back in the woods after a rain where everything is wet. Do that kind of terrain, with some fun, spirited driving. This is the Vipr.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6830.jpg 
Views:	747 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	11053  
    2015 Polaris Ranger 900
    RVS 86HP Tune | Elka Shocks | QSC Clutching | 27" VIPRs | 5000lb Viper | Baja Designs Lights | Wet Sounds Stealth 10 | 10" SSV Subwoofer | Highlifter Snorkels

2014 Kawasaki Teryx4 800

Warn Provantage 4500-S
    28" Terminators | MSA Kore | Highlifter Lift | 50" Radius Lightbar | Dual Batteries |

2011 Yamaha Rhino 734 Sport
    Alba 734 | Racer's Edge +2 head | CP 11:1 Piston | 46mm Benchmark TB | JBS Sheave, Muzzys | WER shocks | CATVOS 3" lift | 30" Bighorns

5. Likes ryanO, 08Rhino450SE, Rhino SE 66 liked this post
    I'm leaning toward buying a set f VIPRs for several reasons.
    -high load rating for my Viking
    -radial
    -relatively light for a radial

I'm just hoping that the tread will handle the mud of driving through flooded rice fields to the duck blind. The mud is usually about 4" deep with a hard bottom. I like to avoid spinning to clean because it just messes up the field more.

Quote Originally Posted by Koondog View Post
    I'm leaning toward buying a set f VIPRs for several reasons.
    -high load rating for my Viking
    -radial
    -relatively light for a radial

I'm just hoping that the tread will handle the mud of driving through flooded rice fields to the duck blind. The mud is usually about 4" deep with a hard bottom. I like to avoid spinning to clean because it just messes up the field more.
    I am still really impressed with the VIPRs. I notice the 27" variant is now OEM on the flagship Polaris Sportsman 1000 LE. Reviewers of that ATV have spoken favorably of the Maxxis VIPR on that huge machine.

Unless your mud is some some kind sticky clay-based mud, the 1" tread of the VIPR should handle it no problem.
    2015 Polaris Ranger 900
    RVS 86HP Tune | Elka Shocks | QSC Clutching | 27" VIPRs | 5000lb Viper | Baja Designs Lights | Wet Sounds Stealth 10 | 10" SSV Subwoofer | Highlifter Snorkels

2014 Kawasaki Teryx4 800

Warn Provantage 4500-S
    28" Terminators | MSA Kore | Highlifter Lift | 50" Radius Lightbar | Dual Batteries |

2011 Yamaha Rhino 734 Sport
    Alba 734 | Racer's Edge +2 head | CP 11:1 Piston | 46mm Benchmark TB | JBS Sheave, Muzzys | WER shocks | CATVOS 3" lift | 30" Bighorns

Thanks for the review

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

My tusk Terrabites are doing great

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    James Davis