Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chilly2031 View Post
    Not making me feel all warm and fuzzy when I'm getting ready to order a set. Lol. Hope you get them dialed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    I talked to Ted for a while today and he is working up a calculation for what weight spring I should run with my lift. He thinks a higher pound linear spring will be better instead of the normal progressive. So I'm ordering as soon as they are back in stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post

Ted is an excellent resource. He has answered questions from me on a Sunday as well as during normal business hours. I think that his shocks are top notch.

I was able to ride a little bit this past weekend with the adjusted settings. I will say that I think that the ride has improved every time that I make a recommended adjustment. I am thinking that I may need to stiffen the front up just a touch more from where I am at. But if I increase the front, I will have to do a lesser increase to the rear at this point.

I will say that with 4 guys and a deer in the back it rode pretty good, but these are not the usual trails or speeds that I run.
    2015 Yamaha Viking VI EPS (Camo):
    -JBS Extreme Sheave, JBS Skids, JBS Arm Guards, JBS AIS Block Off, JBS Rad Guards, JBS Slug Kit, 28" Terrabites/14" Hurricanes

2018 Yamaha Wolverine X4 SE (Silver):
    -JBS Extreme Sheave, JBS Spring Kit, 28” Terrabites/14" Hurricanes, Weller ECM Flash

4. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post

Getting ready to go back through the settings on my Bandit UTV Trail Series shocks. I took fairly detailed notes and measurements when I initially received the shocks, so that has me thinking...

My Factory Viking VI Shocks with 5/8" PVC Spacers Measured:
    Front Clearance (Measured at the skid plate): 10 3/4"
    Rear Clearance (Measured at the skid plate): 12 1/4"

Updated Bandit UTV Trail Series Settings (current):
    Front Clearance (Measured at the skid plate): 10 1/2"
    Rear Clearance (Measured at the skid plate): 11"

Ted wanted me to get the front higher than the rear by 1/2", but I really didn't think that I would be able to due to design and Ted thought that could be a real possibility also. Ted then suggested that I at least make the machine as level as I could (measured at the frame sliders). The thought is that the bumps would transfer the energy up into the shocks vs back against the shock.

So, I am thinking that I will put more pre-load into the front shocks to bring them up to the 10 3/4" - 11" mark. This would attempt to make up for the heavy accessories that I have on my machine (and the fact that the majority of the time we only have people in the front seats). I welcome feedback on this idea...

The second thing that I have been thinking about is some of the new shocks on the market have the body at the bottom vs the top. I am not as convinced that this is something that would improve anything, but looking for feedback.

Thanks guys.
    -JBS Extreme Sheave, JBS Skids, JBS Arm Guards, JBS AIS Block Off, JBS Rad Guards, JBS Slug Kit, 28" Terrabites/14" Hurricanes

-JBS Extreme Sheave, JBS Spring Kit, 28” Terrabites/14" Hurricanes, Weller ECM Flash

6. Thanks Timmi thanked for this post

Ok, back at it.

Just got back from our spring break vacation to the Ouachita Mountains area of Arkansas, where we rode 363 miles in basically 3 days. Before we left, I went through and rechecked everything after a couple more e-mails to Bandit.

With the big Viking VI and how we ride (3 in the front), I had to max out the pre-load on the 320# front springs to get the ride height set right. This was just what the doctors ordered and now it is finally riding like a million bucks.

During the trip, I had a small issue with one of the shocks (plastic sleeve that help protect the shock body came loose), so I ordered a new one and while I was at it I ordered some sleeves that fit below the adjustment collars. The very next morning, I get a phone call asking me about the sleeves and saying that they wouldn’t work for my application. So we talked about my set up, and Ted asked how much pre-load I had in the fronts and offered to send me a higher rate spring set for the front...at NO CHARGE!! And he also refunded me the entire amount that I had spent and threw in a new sleeve that I was going to need.

So now I am going through my machine to see what all it needs and changing my front springs out. I will continue to post updates about these shocks as I continue to dial them in. The folks at BanditUTV really know how to take care of people and I would recommend them to anyone.

8. Likes Timmi, WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    I have really enjoyed keeping up with this thread. Thanks for all the thorough updates.
    2015 Polaris Ranger 900
    RVS 86HP Tune | Elka Shocks | QSC Clutching | 27" VIPRs | 5000lb Viper | Baja Designs Lights | Wet Sounds Stealth 10 | 10" SSV Subwoofer | Highlifter Snorkels

2014 Kawasaki Teryx4 800

Warn Provantage 4500-S
    28" Terminators | MSA Kore | Highlifter Lift | 50" Radius Lightbar | Dual Batteries |

2011 Yamaha Rhino 734 Sport
    Alba 734 | Racer's Edge +2 head | CP 11:1 Piston | 46mm Benchmark TB | JBS Sheave, Muzzys | WER shocks | CATVOS 3" lift | 30" Bighorns

And now I may complicate things...I see Jerhomey is selling his Series 46...

Quote Originally Posted by shortbus453 View Post
    And now I may complicate things...I see Jerhomey is selling his Series 46...
    I am interested since I am down to the Viking shocks from 814 suspension or the bandits.

the 814's are more than double the price homey wants for the bandits. he can't have many miles on them

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Quote Originally Posted by Timmi View Post
    the 814's are more than double the price homey wants for the bandits. he can't have many miles on them
    Do you know what he is asking?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6875675.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	12884

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led