Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom seats

Quote Originally Posted by buellpjw View Post
    something you may want to try on those seats if yours is going to have the stitching like that is to get something to help seal the seams from water seeping in. I dont know if maybe mink oil, saddle soap, sno-seal or even some kind of bee's wax might help repel it from the stitching but nothing worse than a wet ass when riding for long periods. For my Harley i got a can of stuff from the local Harley shop that is a conditioner that helps keep the seams sealed but it has a black tint to it so that wouldn't work for this but i think they had another can of something that was clear and bee wax type for the seats too.
    2015 Viking EPS SE
    KFI Stealth 4500s
    KFI 72" Open Trail Plow
    SuperATV Flip Up Windshield
    SuperATV Side Mirrors
    Seizmik Soft Rear Window
    IR Backup Camera
    42" LED Light Bar
    JBS Extreme Sheave
    JBS Slug Kit
    Black & Gray YXZ seats
    JBS Doors
    Lots More Planned...

thanks yes it was sealed before putting it on and after I am not real sure what it is but the guy doing the work owns one of them ! and I am doing his clutch as soon as it shows up so he is making it right ! my pattern is different but still has stitching. I used glove seal on my Harley and it seemed to work so maybe if this don't work I will try that again !

There is some clear seam seal material in tubes that is used for sealing the seams of tents and garments you can find in outdoor stores or REI.
    I got a JEG'S catalog the other day and while thumbing through it I noticed that they had some PROCAR seats that looks like they would work for a UTV and very reasonably priced. Some for hot rods and racers of course, but they have some for off-road buggys for +/-$ 165, so thought maybe they are made somewhat water-resistant. Might be worth checking out for you.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by jimclemjr View Post
    There is some clear seam seal material in tubes that is used for sealing the seams of tents and garments you can find in outdoor stores or REI.
    I got a JEG'S catalog the other day and while thumbing through it I noticed that they had some PROCAR seats that looks like they would work for a UTV and very reasonably priced. Some for hot rods and racers of course, but they have some for off-road buggys for +/-$ 165, so thought maybe they are made somewhat water-resistant. Might be worth checking out for you.
    ha ha did not even think of that I actually have some for my wall tent.

I thought I saw a photo of a Wolverine R-spec seat somewhere that had a lined slot in it for shoulder harnesses. Does anyone know if there is a retro kit to do this? It seems the four point harnesses are being pushed out too wide by the shape of the factory seat as is. I would like to be able to cut a horizontal slot in the seat back to accommodate the harnesses run through the seats.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12