Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carb question

Carb question

Okay so I have a question hopefully some one might be able to help me out on I have a 07 660 and I notice today a smell of raw gas after some searching I found that on the bottom of the carb is this nipple looking thing and when I push the throttle down I get a steady stream of gas out of it but at idle it's a drip hear and there it use to start up and run fine now it don't really want to idle idle if the float stuck or what but 'll going to post a pic of it and hopefully some one might be able to help lol. It's just under the screw in the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SyBjcHvt-335935899.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	11133Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5Yott5dx-335944336.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	11134
    The first pic has a drop of fuel in where it's leaking and the second pic it's gone

Still Shakin' the Cage 08Rhino450SE's Avatar
    looks like the connection for the float bowl drain. if you turn the screw next to it counterclockwise it will allow fuel to drain out of the float bowl.
    sounds like your float is stuck in the downward most position, which would cause a demand for more fuel when it doesn't need it, and it would overflow.
    if your carb sat for a long period of time it prolly picked up a piece of dirt or something causing it to stick. the drain screw might just need to be tightened, but i doubt it.
    sometimes if you tap the float bowl with a screwdriver (carefully) it will break it loose.
    how long has the fuel sat in the bike? sometimes people add "driers" and it dilutes the fuel so much the bike won't "fire" correctly.

look on the forum for a service manual for your bike and check it out.

3. Likes Kenny G, madmax 1, WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mpdave391 View Post
    Okay so I have a question hopefully some one might be able to help me out on I have a 07 660 and I notice today a smell of raw gas after some searching I found that on the bottom of the carb is this nipple looking thing and when I push the throttle down I get a steady stream of gas out of it but at idle it's a drip hear and there it use to start up and run fine now it don't really want to idle idle if the float stuck or what but 'll going to post a pic of it and hopefully some one might be able to help lol. It's just under the screw in the picture
    The first pic has a drop of fuel in where it's leaking and the second pic it's gone

08Rhino450SE has given you good info on what the function is. What catches my eye is that it drips slowly at idle and flows a lot more at higher throttle. That is suggesting that you have a fuel pump problem or a plugged up fuel filter on top of the drain being open problem. Drop the float bowl and clean up any crud inside as well.
    | I took the one less traveled by....
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #
    |___________________________________

5. Likes Kenny G, WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    What did you find Dave?
    06/450: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod Sheave/12gr OD's; Blue Spring; 04 Style/KN Air; Dyna CDI; Axia Exhaust Tip; 3" Lift; Sport Shocks; 27X14 Mudlite XTR's; Warn 2500#

08/700: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod X-Sheave/16gr OD's/Slugged; Purple Spring; Alba TB; Raptor HotCam; MSD/JBS-Map; Yoshimura Duals; Pro One Doors; LSR MTS; LSR Front & Back Supports; Ricochet Skids; Elka 4's; RackZilla/PS: 26X12 Pitbull Growlers; Camoplast T4S; Viper 4500#; Trail Bright LEDs.
    Let'em Buck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny G View Post
    What did you find Dave?
    Dave's not here lol

8. Likes madmax 1 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by 08Rhino450SE View Post
    Dave's not here lol
    Ur giving away ur age with that one Denny😀

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09 700 sport
    aftermarket cam, duel muzzy exhaust, alba custom map, MSD fuel controller, alba water temp and oil press gauges, SDR LT6, SDR 4seat custom cage and bed, rigid industries 40in. and 10in. light bars, led head and taillights, fox remote resi shocks, DWT beadlock wheels, twisted stitch seats front and back, crow 4pt harness front and back, super atv power steering, quick release steering wheel. ruggid radios incar communication and car to car com, JBS EXTREME2 sheave on the way

10. Likes madmax 1, 08Rhino450SE, scottwv liked this post
    no man its me Dave, sorry had to do it,lmao
    07 camo 660,yoshi duals,kms intake,dynatec cdi,jet kit, montana jack f&r winch mount,w/ warn xt40, 27" bighorns,2" lift, cab with summit heater,aux red top optima, 5 bad ass jrt's on board,itp ss 212s, jbs sheave,14 gr. wts,orange spring, 40 " led light bar, autometer guages,equus tach,innovate afm, jensen ms30 ,jbl 6.5s, elka stage 1 shocks, kenwood 2way radio, alpine ktp445u amp, led headlight mod,twisted stitch harnesses,pro1 doors, 60 amp alternator,power steering, pc925 battery

12. Likes rodneygt, 08Rhino450SE liked this post
    so there's this italian body shop guy in our area that's really good and of course he has an italian accent.

i got him to say "she gotta havea bigga titts" really loud one time and the whole shop laughed their asses off.
    Mountaineers are Always Free!

14. Likes madmax 1, Kenny G liked this post
    ^^^...dirty old man !
    08 700 ...

16. Thanks 08Rhino450SE thanked for this post

Well I thought I had it fix I had the return line pinched shut and I guess I'm was.fludding the carb but I swaped carbs but now I have developed a sputter in neutral and kinda back fire threw the intake
    It sputters at about 25 mph or so but if you push on the throttle it goes away sokme but it's keeps doing it I think I'm going to throw on the old.carb and try it I did have a high volume pump on but I thought that was it so I took it off Idk what else it could be I don't notice the the reverse light flicking on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast