Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vapor locking

Vapor locking

Is there a good fix out there for the vapor locking problem on the 660 Rhino

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I switched to a high volume pump from Weller Racing. The factory pump would vapor lock if you just shut your machine off for 5 minutes and the older it got the worse it got. no problems with the new one so far!

3. Likes J1977kupo, WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    What is the vapor locking problem?

5. Likes J1977kupo liked this post
    Your stock fuel pump is located behind the passenger seat and the fuel lines run right over the top end of the motor. When you shut the machine off for a few minutes the heat from the motor will boil off the fuel in the lines and the pump so the only fuel you will have is in the bowl of the carb, and when that runs out the machine sputter and die. I had put the weller pump on but it is now doing the same thing that the stock pump was doing so ???? what to do?

We continuously fought this problem on Trav's 660 . Probably the thing that helped the most , was moving the pump down under the pass seat by the gas tank . This keeps it a little cooler (which IMO is the cause of the prob ) . Craig at Rutting Rhino (out of business now) used to sell a "kit" with clear hoses ,check valves , and a bracket to move the pump ...he worked with us for a couple months trying to get it right . We never managed to completely "fix" it ; but , after moving the pump it didn't act up as often . Putting a primer bulb for an out board boat motor inline , will help you as well .
    08 700 ...

I just installed a electric fuel pump. Problem solved

06 686 JBS Ported Head HotRod Crank Stage 2 Hot Cam Abla Bored Carb Middle Gear Drive Support Programmable MSD Head Studs JBS Sheave 14gm Weights Purple Spring Dual Two Brothers Exhaust Dual Battery Setup Innovate Motorsports A/F Gauge Volt & Temp Gauges Fan Override TCP Radiator JBS Radiator Guards, Rackzilla Steering Rack Power Steering Cognito Spindles Pro 1 Doors 40" Light Bar HID Headlights Ridin On 14" ITP SS112 Rims 26" ITP Terra Cross Tires

Quote Originally Posted by txgrown1404 View Post
    I just installed a electric fuel pump. Problem solved

The pump did not put to much pressure on the needle valve?

I used a pressure regulator. Flow at 3 psi

06 686 JBS Ported Head HotRod Crank Stage 2 Hot Cam Abla Bored Carb Middle Gear Drive Support Programmable MSD Head Studs JBS Sheave 14gm Weights Purple Spring Dual Two Brothers Exhaust Dual Battery Setup Innovate Motorsports A/F Gauge Volt & Temp Gauges Fan Override TCP Radiator JBS Radiator Guards, Rackzilla Steering Rack Power Steering Cognito Spindles Pro 1 Doors 40" Light Bar HID Headlights Ridin On 14" ITP SS112 Rims 26" ITP Terra Cross Tires

11. Thanks J1977kupo thanked for this post
    The electric pump seems to be the way to go. What type of pump did you use???

A lot of guys are using mr gasket ones from oreillys

14. Likes J1977kupo liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast