Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

New can am locker

Most everyone knows that commanders and Mavericks etc lack a true front locker. The factory locker locks one front wheel and then is supposed to lock the other after one spins a few times. It works good for most driving but not all. A company called halo makes a true locker for the can and which is supposed to be top notch but is fairly expensive as it has an actuator to go from 3 to 4wd. A new company is offering another style true locker. With it you go to full 4wd when you flip the switch but it allows one wheel to go faster (but never slower because it is locked), which takes the steering issues etc away when you're fast in curves etc. it works like a Detroit locker. I believe the price I read was something a bit over $400.

Here's their initial vid. I'm going to be following this product.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rq_4ar...uMqogHrMMRXO_Q
    2011 Commander XT 1000

2006 660 Special Edition (Sold)
    Had lots of neat stuff...

I wonder if it will work on the commander too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06 686 JBS Ported Head HotRod Crank Stage 2 Hot Cam Abla Bored Carb Middle Gear Drive Support Programmable MSD Head Studs JBS Sheave 14gm Weights Purple Spring Dual Two Brothers Exhaust Dual Battery Setup Innovate Motorsports A/F Gauge Volt & Temp Gauges Fan Override TCP Radiator JBS Radiator Guards, Rackzilla Steering Rack Power Steering Cognito Spindles Pro 1 Doors 40" Light Bar HID Headlights Ridin On 14" ITP SS112 Rims 26" ITP Terra Cross Tires

They need a locker

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

Quote Originally Posted by WV Hot Rod Rhino View Post
    They need a locker

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    I can attest to that

06 686 JBS Ported Head HotRod Crank Stage 2 Hot Cam Abla Bored Carb Middle Gear Drive Support Programmable MSD Head Studs JBS Sheave 14gm Weights Purple Spring Dual Two Brothers Exhaust Dual Battery Setup Innovate Motorsports A/F Gauge Volt & Temp Gauges Fan Override TCP Radiator JBS Radiator Guards, Rackzilla Steering Rack Power Steering Cognito Spindles Pro 1 Doors 40" Light Bar HID Headlights Ridin On 14" ITP SS112 Rims 26" ITP Terra Cross Tires

Quote Originally Posted by txgrown1404 View Post
    I wonder if it will work on the commander too

I think commanders and Mavericks have the same diff. Some have the quick engagement diff. Some don't. So yeah, should be available for commanders when done testing. It's supposed to be available for the x3 too (I think the defender has same diff as the x3).

I really like the halos. They're brilliant. But with their complexity comes their price tag. This one I linked would perform identical in the mud as the halo (or a Yamaha locked in diff). What remains to be seen is how it does for people who ride higher speeds in 4wd in curves and snow etc - how easy is it for the tire to turn faster than the speed of the diff? But Detroit lockers work well in trucks jeeps etc when added.
    2011 Commander XT 1000

Vendor Baxter Built Fabrications's Avatar
    Visco lok was a bad idea from the start. You can watch it screw people before it ever kicks in. As long as they are working properly, I've seen guys peddle it early and stay in it to keep it locked. You have to bonzy drive it to keep it working! Lol Bonzy isn't fun if you have a 300' drop off that your climbing beside! I copied the link and sending it to a few people I know. Thanks Rodneygt
    08 Resurrected Rhino build and your custom SXS fabrication shop @ Baxter Built Fabrications. Give me a call at 419-953-8509 if you have any questions.

7. Likes Timmi liked this post
    These apparently started shipping. I'm going to be watching user reviews and probably get one. Their stuff in the 4x4 truck and jeep world is well regarded.
    2011 Commander XT 1000