Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

700 grizzly radiator fan not working

Hello, my son's 07 700 grizzly fan not working tested an I think it's the ECU so decided to do the by pass switch now I have 12+ volts at the plug going to fan but fan still no go. Jumped fan to battery it runs go back at plug thought it was bad so removed an with tester on wires for fan 12+ volts showing ,son touched wires from fan to wires I was showing 12 volt on an lost all voltage . I am at a lost hoping Steve S will help me get back on track . Thanks for any help an sorry for the long post
    2007 SE 660, Hotrods 4mm crank, Wisco 2 over 10/1 piston, head ported w/ +2mm valves, mud buster cam, billet middle gear support, JBS sheave 14g /purple spring, friction washers, slugged wet clutch +6 grams, Gibson header & muffler, 4000 lb winch, hi-flow fuel pump, K&N air filter/w pro-flow adapter, A/F gauge, 3in lift, 26 mud-lites, snorkeled, floor board guards, JBS radiator guards, fender flare's, rzr seats

2. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    we need a steve wanted emoji..lol
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

4. Thanks rhino727 thanked for this post
    Likes Timmi, rhino727 liked this post
    The fan turns on by ground. There should always be constant 12v at plug. If you won't to add a bypass switch just add a toggle hooked to ground. No power on added switch should be at plug now. If you lost your 12v check fuse.
    2016 Base Wolverine, 27" Bear Claw HTR's, JBS Hot Rod X-Sheave/16gr OD's/Slugged/Purple Spring, Mud Busters extended fenders, EZ Steer eps kit, Yamaha folding winshield, Yamaha soft rear window, YXZ Steering Wheel, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 3500lb Warn winch.

6. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino, rhino727 thanked for this post
    Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post

Check your key ignition switch wires! Pull the ignition key switch out, and check to see if any of the wires got pulled out from steering. This happened to my 2014 grizzly 450. The brown plug on the ignition key switch got pulled out, and that stopped my fan from working. I just cut the wire covering, then stripped the wires, twisted them back together then soldered them solid. That got my fan working again, until the wires pulled out again from my failed soldering job, but I went back and soldered the hell out of them, and that worked great. If there isn't enough wire, get another wire of similar gauge, a longer one and solder that on both sides. I even tried buying two different key ignition switches and none of them worked. Aftermarket key ignition switches for some reason only allowed my fan to work when the key and engine was off. I sent those ones back, and just resoldered my old one back on, but it has been working fine for several weeks now of riding. My only option for a new one is to buy an oem one for 50 bucks... No thanks.
    2014 Yamaha Grizzly 450 EPS Hunter Edition:

High Lifter 2 inch lift
    1 mm Shim + Orange Secondary Spring + 18g OD Weights
    26 in CST Wild Thangs on ITP Hurricane rims
    Bison Brush guards
    Side fender flares
    HMF Performance Blackout exhaust
    EHS Airbox Lid + Moose Filter
    PC Racing Flo steel reusable oil filter
    Tungsten 4x4 3000lbs winch
    Powermadd Sentinel hand guards with LED light kit
    Aluminium Products - Full Body Skid plate + A-Arm Guards