Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Textron off-road gears up for future with acquisition of arctic cat

Arctic Cat® has joined forces with with Textron, a Fortune 250 company with a heritage of military-grade power, performance and precision engineering. The move combines the renowned powersports legacy of Arctic Cat with the resources of Textron — manufacturer of high-performance industrial, defense and aviation machines — to bring you the future of powersports.
    Soon, Arctic Cat side-by-sides and ATVs you know and love — like Wildcat™, Prowler® and Alterra™ — will be incorporated in to the Textron Off Road family of products. We are proud that all Textron Off Road vehicles will be designed and made right here in America. Built for our nation’s hardest workers and its most relentless adrenaline junkies, and backed by the Textron legacy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	356.jpg 
Views:	602 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	11794  

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

2. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post

Arctic Cat now named Textron Off Road for Side-by-Sides and ATVs

Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc., a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced to its dealer network its plan for growth as it incorporates Arctic Cat into the company, including its future powersports brand portfolio, and a tease of new and upcoming products across its snowmobile, side-by-side and ATV product lines.

Moving forward, the company will transition all side-by-sides and ATV’s to become a part of the Textron Off Road brand, said John Collins, TSV vice president, consumer. The iconic Arctic Cat brand, built on decades of performance and leadership in snowmobiles, will remain in use on the company’s innovative, high-performance snowmobile product lines.

Arctic Cat’s legacy and heritage in side-by-sides and ATVs will also live on in the powerful Alterra™, Wildcat™ and Prowler™ products, which will join Textron Off Road’s existing Stampede® side-by-side in the company’s family of off-road vehicles.
    The decision to rebrand side-by-sides and ATVs under the Textron Off Road name was not taken lightly, Collins said, and was the result of consultation and research with consumers and dealers that showed that the Textron Off Road brand offered the best opportunity for future growth across all regions, particularly outside of the snow belt.
    Collins revealed a sneak peek of the next Textron Off Road-branded side-by-side, to be released this fall. As yet unnamed, this new “crossover” vehicle will bridge the gap between utility side-by-sides and sport models, with 100-plus horsepower, a class-leading suspension set apart by King Shocks, bucket seats and an extended cab with industry-leading, usable storage.
    In addition, Collins announced more details of the next-generation Wildcat sport side-by-side, the Wildcat XX, which will be released in spring 2018. Powered by a 998cc triple engine generating 125hp, the Wildcat XX will also feature a suspension with King shocks and 18- inches of suspension travel, 30-inch tires on 15-inch KMC wheels, and full doors.

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Wow ---- what a step

Arctic Cat atv/utv sales have languished for years. They got a bit of a success with the 1000 Wildcat for a year or two, and with the 700 mini cat, but that didn't last long either.

It looks like Textron is going to throw some money into development so we'll see what becomes of it. It's going to sound strange asking someone "how ya like that Textron?"

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

I am a wildcat owner. Im optimistically waiting to see what they do. So far they have already issued some recalls and TSBs for existing models trying to clear up some of the Arctic Cat problems.

They also postponed the release the Wildcat XX

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Also some things that people were having previously declined for warranty repairs they have been fixing

Hey Off Road. I think I'm on the the cat forum with you as well. You'll like this forum. Not much Cat action but very cool people.
    2018 Blue Wolverine X4
    JBS Sheave
    JBS Springs
    Alba Tune

Yep. I don't post a whole lot on the cat forum but I am on there from time to time

Saw todat caterpillar has worked a deal with textron to build caterpillar branded utv aswell

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast