» Today's Birthdays

None

Poor acceleration

I have a 2008 450, stock except for a JBS sheave. It was running great... Then all at once it would fall on its face when I would romp down on the accelerator. Would start and Idle great, just would not let me gas it hard. I have changed the fuel pump and carb since both were original. I had already removed the fuel filter last year and installed a clear one, it is full of fuel. After changing the fuel pump and carb, I can get it up to full speed by feathering the throttle, but I still can't romp down on it, it will fall on its face. Any ideas?

Could have a vacuum leak? Check around the rubber boot where the carb. mounts and all vacuum lines. That's where I'd start.
    06 Rhino 686 s/e blue, 11:1 piston, stage 1 hot cam, raptor springs, JBS sheave and clutching, cmf 2" lift, alum air box, exhaust tip, dial a jet, j strong roof, ride on dust shield, power steering, Stage 5 Elka's riding on 28" 11 14 mega mayhems all around on sti hd3 wheels, hp cooling fan, 3500# winch, 32" led light bar and stuff!

If you have the stock carb, it has a diaphragm that raises and lowers the slide (not the foot pedal directly). There are a few hoses that come off of the carb that have to do with running that diaphragm, make sure all of those hoses are connected. The airbox or something equivalent need to be in place for it to work at its best.
    | I took the one less traveled by....
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #
    |___________________________________

4. Likes 08Rhino450SE liked this post

Be sure you change the sparkplug.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4500 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"STI Beadlocks, 27" ITP Mudlite XTR 9 & 11's, Full windshield, A-arm guards, starting to add second battery, lights, JBS CVT mods (all stock- Rhino is faster)
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 26" Bighorn , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust