Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disclaimer

what a idiot!! must be a dumocrat!!!

2. Likes JBFIREMAN liked this post
    Hunterworks Sheave Machining Update 11/6/2017
    We changed the way we machine all our sheaves, rhino and wolverine alike. The part in the sheave that cam plate slide runs on I call the tower is what we changed. You can see the picture at the bottom of this page. The sheaves are cast aluminum and in the cast they have what is called draft meaning the "straight" parts are not straight they have a angle to them to be able to come out of the mold easier. So looking at the pic below you would notices the bottom of the tower is wider as it goes down and angles out at the bottom of the inside edge too. In stock form with grease this is not that big of an issue because the camplate and sheave do not go down that low and where they do go the grease helps it move off it. I am not condoning grease, it is still evil!!! LOL To be able to give you the lower starting ratio or lower end performance we are allowing the cam plate to go deeper in the sheave which allows the belt to go lower in the clutch.
    So we squared them up so the cam plate slide slides all the way down freely. We also created a bit more tolerance to make the clutch work better as it gets dirty. If you know anything about a M-16 Military rifle, they make the tolerances loose so it operates in dirty environments better. We took the same approach.
    Also, in the process of setting the programming up for the CNC machine to do this, we found out the casting process from yamaha is very inconsistent. We can machine one and we will only take a couple thousands off and put in another and remove more. But what I told my programmer is, "We are taking imperfect parts and making them perfect" which is true. After the CNC process the sheaves are totally symmetric.
    What did we accomplish by doing this?
    1. Corrected an issue that affected only a few people where the camplate would stick when new at the bottom and cause high rpm before it moved then when freed up drop rpm as it started to move
    2. Elongated the time to do maintenance for those riding in extremely dusty enviroments by giving that extra bit of tolerance
    3. Increased the efficiency of the clutch system, should shift out smoother and backshift faster for even better performance.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	67.jpg 
Views:	367 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	12252  

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Lmao...just like my vid

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

James Davis
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419

Quote Originally Posted by Timmi View Post
    Hunterworks Sheave Machining Update 11/6/2017
    We changed the way we machine all our sheaves, rhino and wolverine alike. The part in the sheave that cam plate slide runs on I call the tower is what we changed. You can see the picture at the bottom of this page. The sheaves are cast aluminum and in the cast they have what is called draft meaning the "straight" parts are not straight they have a angle to them to be able to come out of the mold easier. So looking at the pic below you would notices the bottom of the tower is wider as it goes down and angles out at the bottom of the inside edge too. In stock form with grease this is not that big of an issue because the camplate and sheave do not go down that low and where they do go the grease helps it move off it. I am not condoning grease, it is still evil!!! LOL To be able to give you the lower starting ratio or lower end performance we are allowing the cam plate to go deeper in the sheave which allows the belt to go lower in the clutch.
    So we squared them up so the cam plate slide slides all the way down freely. We also created a bit more tolerance to make the clutch work better as it gets dirty. If you know anything about a M-16 Military rifle, they make the tolerances loose so it operates in dirty environments better. We took the same approach.
    Also, in the process of setting the programming up for the CNC machine to do this, we found out the casting process from yamaha is very inconsistent. We can machine one and we will only take a couple thousands off and put in another and remove more. But what I told my programmer is, "We are taking imperfect parts and making them perfect" which is true. After the CNC process the sheaves are totally symmetric.
    What did we accomplish by doing this?
    1. Corrected an issue that affected only a few people where the camplate would stick when new at the bottom and cause high rpm before it moved then when freed up drop rpm as it started to move
    2. Elongated the time to do maintenance for those riding in extremely dusty enviroments by giving that extra bit of tolerance
    3. Increased the efficiency of the clutch system, should shift out smoother and backshift faster for even better performance.

hold up now i spent 8 years of my life in the united states army and boys there is one thing you can take to the bank and that is we lubed the hell out of our m-4 *m-16 with clp so they would function right in the dusty sandy envorment that we was in you always put a coat of clp on all moving parts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

7. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    exactly
    they tell people Yamaha uses grease to quieten the clutch
    replace grease with dirt and grit, hmm

Quote Originally Posted by mpdave391 View Post
    hold up now i spent 8 years of my life in the united states army and boys there is one thing you can take to the bank and that is we lubed the hell out of our m-4 *m-16 with clp so they would function right in the dusty sandy environment that we was in you always put a coat of clp on all moving parts

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

9. Likes mpdave391, Hump liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Timmi View Post
    exactly
    they tell people Yamaha uses grease to quieten the clutch
    replace grease with dirt and grit, hmm
    well here how i look at it and i have never claimed to be the smartest perso out there
    but if yamaha designed it for the use of grease then oh idk id probaly put grease back in it lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

11. Likes Timmi liked this post
    I wanna see better pics...I know a little on milling the TOWER.. lol

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    James Davis
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12