Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

The need for 5 point harness

For what ever reason all the SXSs come with the dum ass car seat belts, really! Ok having got that off my chest here is my solutions. I Installed 5 point harness's in the Wildcat. I had entertained the bolt in rear bars and decided less would be more and opted to make my own mounts. There is a factory tube that runs behind the plastic firewall. It was a little on the low side however I decided to use it anyways. So I turned up the mounts in the Lathe and press fit and welded them into pieces of 1 1/2" Coped DOM. Here are the pics:

Coping the tubing in the Mill

Using a simple method to cut them off

Trimming to size

Ready for the Inserts

2. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino, sdmudder liked this post
    Turning and threading the inserts

Cutting to size

Finished mount. I did not use the nuts and rotated the inserts so that the eyes would be vertical when tightened up.

Alignment Jig holding mounts in place

4. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Welded in place and painted

Needed to know where to drill the holes thru the plastic, so I turned this up in the lathe and screwed it into the mounts and tapped on the plastic from the front

Once the dimples were made I used a unibit to drill the holes required

6. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Eye hooks and harness quick connects

Top of harness's mounted

The sides of the harness utilized the factory mounts however sub belt mounts had to be fabricated. I welded in cross braces on the frame. I slotted the plastic floor board to pass the belt thru and bolted them in place.

9. Likes rhinoroger, NickH liked this post
    Not Sugar-Coating Nothing cammoup's Avatar
    Now that looks like a great job. Looks like it came from the factory.

I do agree with the car seat belts in the UTV's makes no sense at all. They go bad quick from all of the weather ect. def not made for outdoor use.

Nice job.

Jay-R

Very neat, great work and one hell of a safety upgrade...
    08' 700 Sport ,LSR mid travel suspension, WER shocks, Bazazz controller, 4500 Superwinch, Cab heater, uni ps., Hids, 3D MSD, Super Crank,Alba 734bb, cam, +2ported head, JBS Sheave, gold spring, 16gr, 26''Bighorns, ITP216s, Dual Muzzy's, Pro 1 doors, Ride On dust shield, Many thanks James & Nikki for your awesome JBS Build and Friendship.......Second to NONE

Awesome work, I can't figure out why they put those cheesy belts in either and the cheap ass Chinese buggies come with harnesses.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    2015 Teryx 4 LE 800, EMP full glass windshield,JBS floor guards, Street legal kit. Highlifter 2" lift, Super ATV arched A-arms, M20 wheels, 28" ITP Bajacross tires. Bandit shocks, Throttle Maxx throttle pedal extension Rock lights, Terra45 winch, JBS Radiator guards, custom JBS hood decal and tunes!!

Great project.
    Commander 1000
    Kawasaki Prairie 400
    Suzuki Ozark 250
    Suzuki 230
    F-250 6.0 Diesel

Great craftsmanship !! I agree 100% on the chitty factory belts .

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast