Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Yamaha Bead Lock Torque/Procedure?

Switching out my tires this weekend, Ive never dealt with bead locks. Wondering what the torque spec is for the Factory Yamaha R-Spec SE beadlocks, and the general procedure for dismounting/mounting. any help is appreciated. thank you.
    2017 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec SE

-LED Headight bulbs, LED Fog Lights
    -SuperATV Half windshield, Smoked
    -Exhaust Tip Mod
    -K&N Air filter
    -AIS Blocked off
    -JBS Clutching, all the good stuff
    -JBS Radiator Gaurds
    -Alba Reflashed ECM
    -Bazooka Party Bar, with 10" Bazooka Amplified Marine Sub in Bed
    -EMP rear bumper
    -Doors

More to come...

Most aftermarket beadlocks r between 8-12 ft lbs. not sure bout yamahas. I use tape on tire all the way around to number the bolts 1thru11 odd#’s then 2thru12 even #’s then i do a crisscross torque all the way round. First round is 5ftlb then i go up 1ftlb every round till i get to final torque. Then ill keep goin in circle at final torque till nothin moves. Use anti sieze on ur bolts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09 700 sport
    aftermarket cam, duel muzzy exhaust, alba custom map, MSD fuel controller, alba water temp and oil press gauges, SDR LT6, SDR 4seat custom cage and bed, rigid industries 40in. and 10in. light bars, led head and taillights, fox remote resi shocks, DWT beadlock wheels, twisted stitch seats front and back, crow 4pt harness front and back, super atv power steering, quick release steering wheel. ruggid radios incar communication and car to car com, JBS EXTREME2 sheave on the way

I use anti-sieze also, just be aware that can change torque spec a couple pounds as there is not much thread friction to achieve desired tightness of clamping. Also recheck torque of beadlocks after every ride/200 miles.
    A little dishwashing liquid and water on a paper towel applied to the rim aids in pushing a tire on and off. Its easy going on the hard part is getting some off. You need to break down the backbead and there are some good tricks for that on youtube if you don't have a tire changer.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

thanks for the info. I finally checked the owners Manual, and the torque spec was 12 ft/lb I used anti seeze, and a tire changer machine, went pretty good. first time dealing with Beadlocks, didn't know what to expect. Stock tires were very hard to break the inner bead.
    2017 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec SE

-LED Headight bulbs, LED Fog Lights
    -SuperATV Half windshield, Smoked
    -Exhaust Tip Mod
    -K&N Air filter
    -AIS Blocked off
    -JBS Clutching, all the good stuff
    -JBS Radiator Gaurds
    -Alba Reflashed ECM
    -Bazooka Party Bar, with 10" Bazooka Amplified Marine Sub in Bed
    -EMP rear bumper
    -Doors

More to come...

I take mine to a local tire shop they have never charged me to brake the beads, re torque after first ride and check torques after first five rides or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09 700 sport
    aftermarket cam, duel muzzy exhaust, alba custom map, MSD fuel controller, alba water temp and oil press gauges, SDR LT6, SDR 4seat custom cage and bed, rigid industries 40in. and 10in. light bars, led head and taillights, fox remote resi shocks, DWT beadlock wheels, twisted stitch seats front and back, crow 4pt harness front and back, super atv power steering, quick release steering wheel. ruggid radios incar communication and car to car com, JBS EXTREME2 sheave on the way

Discount Tire will not touch a beadlock if they follow the corporate directions, so to get a shop to do the job is nice if you need the help. I have a little HFT changer for mower and AYV tires that works fine, got it from a friend who did not want it any longer for $20 so figured that was a good deal. I also use some Bead Sealer on the inner bead and the outer bead wheel lip after checking the tire bead inner surface for irregularities. Never had a bead leak yet (looking for some wood lol).
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust