Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I now use a 18v Rigid but originally and still to torque final install- I use an old toothed cam belt off my wife's Honda. Any toothed belt will work if long enough. Grind a couple teeth off the belt so that it will lock on the outside of the sheave lugs, clamp belt to itself with some vise grips, wrap the belt around the closest frame member with some other visegrips and it works like a charm to hold sheave. Of course reverse rotation on tightening vs loosening. After a couple sessions you will get the hang of it and it can save you a lot of dollars if you don't have them and just takes a little more time. I would recommend that if you don't have experience with an impact that you torque nuts to specified values. Can be a costly learning curve.....And of course NEVER start nuts or bolts with a torque wrench! IMHO
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

Western Iowa and Northern MN in the summer
    jimclemjr -

Thanks! James might sell a few more Sheaves if he included your suggestion on his video.

or you could just use a hammer and that what you may call it like hunnerwerks does.............

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

I thought I read and seen pics awhile back where somebody that makes some of the Teryx tools for James had come up with a tool to hold Yamaha sheave so it could be properly torqued. Think it's buried in the random photo thread...couldn't find it in the what's happening at JBS thread.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
    2012 blue 700
    JBS Stage 2 Extreme sheave: 15gram sliders: gold spring: Dynatek: JBS splash guards: JBS Slugged clutch: 30x9/10x14 Monster Mayhem: 14" ss212: 2"+ JD lift: 4500lb champion winch: hyperlube radiator treatment: rzr seats-JD lowered: JD 3" cage chop: blue underglows/dome light: JD aluminum roof: JD tower speaker bar with 4 1/2" and bluetooth amp: 42" light bar forward cubes rear: Half windshield: Snorkel your UTV by JD:

this?
    http://hotrodforums.net/forums/showt...ll=1#post91664

Quote Originally Posted by jd283 View Post
    I thought I read and seen pics awhile back where somebody that makes some of the Teryx tools for James had come up with a tool to hold Yamaha sheave so it could be properly torqued. Think it's buried in the random photo thread...couldn't find it in the what's happening at JBS thread.

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Quote Originally Posted by 09RhinoAZ View Post
    I did mine with a cheap $40 Harbor Freight 1/2" electric impact.
    thats what i used too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. But i think Nuts or his dad built it. it was for our Yamaha primaries. Perfectly fit the small around fins with a handle. I remember 2 pics...One went all the way around with a handle. The other bottom half was cut off. May still be in RnD phase.

2012 blue 700
    JBS Stage 2 Extreme sheave: 15gram sliders: gold spring: Dynatek: JBS splash guards: JBS Slugged clutch: 30x9/10x14 Monster Mayhem: 14" ss212: 2"+ JD lift: 4500lb champion winch: hyperlube radiator treatment: rzr seats-JD lowered: JD 3" cage chop: blue underglows/dome light: JD aluminum roof: JD tower speaker bar with 4 1/2" and bluetooth amp: 42" light bar forward cubes rear: Half windshield: Snorkel your UTV by JD:

Geoff Prack's dad does them, they are friends of Aaron's. I don't recall seeing the pics you mention

No. But i think Nuts or his dad built it. it was for our Yamaha primaries. Perfectly fit the small around fins with a handle. I remember 2 pics...One went all the way around with a handle. The other bottom half was cut off. May still be in RnD phase.

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

man, you sure like challenging an old man, don't ya?
    http://hotrodforums.net/forums/showt...l=1#post105414

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

I went looking when this thread posted. LOL Next page says they are prototype for James to test out. That was last time mentioned.

2012 blue 700

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast