PDA

View Full Version : Odd noise on my Wolverine

Flach24
05-28-2015, 09:22 AM
Hey guys I figured I would ask here seeing as this could be a CVT noise and JBS seems to have the clutch figured out on Yamaha's. I just got about 50 or so miles on my Wolverine and I'm hearing an odd noise coming either from the driveline or CVT. I hear it coming from the rear of the machine around 13MPH to 20MPH then its gone after 20+, but I hear it the most pronounced when I get to 20MPH and decelerate back down to 13mph and its gone below that speed. The noise is not the CVT whistle/whine, its more of what I would call a whine like a bearing would make under pressure, its hard to explain on a message I know. They are 2 separate noises. My grizzly and Rhino never had this noise and was just wondering if anyone else has noticed it and/or if its something I need to have checked out sooner than later. Thanks for any help guys.

WV Hot Rod Rhino
05-28-2015, 09:52 AM
has the boot popped off the drive shaft...or the belt is getting wore

Flach24
05-28-2015, 10:22 AM
Havent checked the boot, Is it a possibility that its just the belt getting broke in? Have you heard a similar noise on yours james?

WV Hot Rod Rhino
05-28-2015, 10:32 AM
not sure..i will listen close to see if i hear what your saying...620+ miles on mine now....

Flach24
05-28-2015, 10:46 AM
Nice! I can't find a way to get a video of the noise, I didn't notice it really at first but after putting some solo time in the open I repetitively heard it and figured out the speed that I heard it. I will log some more miles tonight and see again what i'm hearing and maybe look into the clutch cover.

Flach24
05-29-2015, 08:33 AM
Went and looked it over last night and the boot was popped off the rear drive shaft but it didn't change the noise at all. After riding it again its starting to or I'm just trying to hear it now, but it does it 13mph on up past 20 now, I can hear it faintly at 40mph +. If I rev the motor in neutral at a stand still there is no noise from the CVT so that leads me to believe its from the driveline somewhere or the rear diff.

bob3663
05-29-2015, 08:54 PM
My boot was popped off to when I washed it last. Popped it back on. Will this have damaged anything? Maybe everyone should check theirs lol.

Bob

Flach24
05-30-2015, 08:53 AM
I'm going to jack up the rear end today and check some stuff out. Also going to check the CVT tubes out.

Flach24
06-02-2015, 05:17 PM
Well I am at around 90 miles on the Wolverine and still hearing the noise. I figured out that when you jack the rear end up it will not make the noise, its only doing it under pressure of riding. I have asked around with no one else having a similiar issue so i'm just going to hope I'm hearing things. I can only think its a drive line noise that is normal but if no one else hears anything then maybe I'll bring it in to the dealer and have them listen. :73:

jimclemjr
06-02-2015, 05:24 PM
Could it be a wheel bearing? under load changes the way they sound sometimes as they take the pressures? In my experience sometimes a bearing will start making a noise in a turn to one side or at a particular speed then it becomes more spread out over all situations as it gets worse. ??