PDA

View Full Version : Over heating issue

R_spec
05-23-2016, 09:20 PM
Has anyone else had any over heating issues? My wolverine over heats after a while of riding, if I push it hard it the light comes on quick. From what I can see of the radiator it appears to be clean. What can I do?

SteveS
05-23-2016, 09:31 PM
Has anyone else had any over heating issues? My wolverine over heats after a while of riding, if I push it hard it the light comes on quick. From what I can see of the radiator it appears to be clean. What can I do?
Well, from the photo in your signature, it might be mud? :-) One way to be sure that the radiator is clear of caked debris is to put a bright light on one side and try to look through the radiator fins from the opposite side. If there is stuff in there it will block your view of the light. It can be very hard to see by just looking at the outside of the radiator, as it is hardest to clean out thoroughly when it is buried deep down inside of the spaces between the fins.

If you find that there is debris in there, Take the fan and shroud out so that you can flood the entire surface with garden hose variety flowing water from both sides. It will take quite a while and a lot of water if the mud has been baked in there, so switch from front to back every so often. Avoid using a high pressure focused jet of water from a pressure washer. It is rather easy to bend the fins with that sort of pressure and that will block air flow just as effectively as the mud would.

jimclemjr
05-23-2016, 11:05 PM
If it is mud caked - pickup some non-acid coil cleaner from an air conditioning supply shop. I agree with the removing fan, and soak rad with water till dirt is mud, try to wash off with a good hose spray and then use the coil cleaner per instructions. I took mine off and put it in a big galvanized tub with rad cap on and put just enough water in there with some dawn and let it soak a couple times and then hose off. Also easier to comb out the fins with it off.

Timmi
05-24-2016, 04:27 AM
James has guards to keep mud off the radiator, it helped mine a lot

R_spec
05-24-2016, 07:45 AM
James has guards to keep mud off the radiator, it helped mine a lot

Guards for the radiator? Does it block air flow?

I think it is mud as well, it's just such a tight area, I was wondering if anyone has dealt with this particular situation with this machine.

Timmi
05-24-2016, 07:56 AM
the set is a front guard where the winch goes and two side guards

the front one has holes for air flow

jd283
05-24-2016, 08:10 AM
James's guards work great on a Rhino middle of hood even stays pretty clean and pull outside air in through front gaurd.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

bob3663
05-24-2016, 08:56 AM
https://www.radiatorgenie.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=RG1001

Works like a champ to get in between radiator and oil cooler. 35 buvks well spent.

Bob

R_spec
05-25-2016, 07:34 AM
I pulled the front end apart, the area's that you cannot see and the entire back of the oil cooler was like a solid block! All cleaned out, now she should be like bran new lol. Someone needs to start selling relocation kits. I almost made a kit myself, over the winter. But I never ended up doing it, cause I didn't want it to look rushed and ghetto. When I do it I want a nice mount so it looks good.

WV Hot Rod Rhino
05-25-2016, 07:44 AM
I have read guards almost done ...tried and tested

hotrods trails

chuddly
05-25-2016, 09:53 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YosLtewzD8

Corey Spencer
05-25-2016, 01:58 PM
Thats a great idea. Making one of those

wolv_rider
05-26-2016, 09:34 PM
I installed a TCP radiator and that really seems to help. Has baffles to make it a triple pass and they used what they call is the mudder core, which actually has a few less fins so it doesn't plug up so easy

R_spec
05-27-2016, 08:21 AM
Does anyone know the part number to the radiator guards that James sells? I want to look into buy them.

R_spec
05-27-2016, 08:25 AM
I installed a TCP radiator and that really seems to help. Has baffles to make it a triple pass and they used what they call is the mudder core, which actually has a few less fins so it doesn't plug up so easy

Where did you buy it? I like to play in the mud, now that I've done it, pulling the front end apart isn't all that hard or time consuming.

Timmi
05-27-2016, 08:46 AM
I don't see them on the website
I need the front piece

Does anyone know the part number to the radiator guards that James sells? I want to look into buy them.

txgrown1404
05-27-2016, 04:45 PM
Where did you buy it? I like to play in the mud, now that I've done it, pulling the front end apart isn't all that hard or time consuming.

Tcpperformance.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wolv_rider
05-27-2016, 09:01 PM

Ordered it from http://tcpperformance.com/ its the same one as the Viking. I'd go with the mudder core instead of the high efficiency