PDA

View Full Version : ESpark Resistor

therebel19
08-06-2018, 11:50 AM
I went to pull my spark resistor to clean it this weekend. Four of the six bolts that hold the tip broke. After drilling and tapping them, I thought I didn't really want to have to ever do that again. I don't know if any one has pulled the exhaust tip/spark resistor out but it basically looks like another muffler built on the inside of the exhaust tip with a big piece of metal almost completely covering the pipe exit. I cut the resistor off but left the inside pipe extension in tact. Also, the factory muffler is heavy. I'd almost bet it has some kind of cat built into it. I also trimmed the exhaust tip so it still points down and back but it is completely level now. I do not notice any difference in sound lever but it has to help it engine breath a little better. The factory exhaust and piping looks very restrictive and the spark resistor was even worse. I wish I would have taken pictures as I'm sure all of this is clear as mud. Anyways I don't think it hurt anything. Hopefully it helped and didn't cost over $10 to do (new bolts, tap, drill bit, and cut off wheel).

Timmi
08-06-2018, 12:04 PM
I'm sure James will be modding his exhaust :)

WV Hot Rod Rhino
08-06-2018, 03:29 PM
Shit...I'm doing yours first...lol
I'm sure James will be modding his exhaust :)

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Yedi
08-07-2018, 08:10 AM
The Stock exhaust is a joke, I don't think they could have made it any more restrictive if they tried. heres spome pics of what I did a while back, really opened it up, but still have a spark arrestor, and its not too loud, just nice deep tone. Had the whole system powder coated, with high temp powder. starting to bubble on head pipe, rest of it is holding up well.

therebel19
08-07-2018, 08:50 AM
Nice. Those pics also help explain what I did only I didn't go with a larger pipe as I don't have those skills. The smaller pipe that was on the inside is almost touching the cap on the spark arrestor really choking it up. My suspicion is the rest of the muffler is probably very restrictive too as I didn't notice hardly any sound difference while running the the wolvy without a tip on at all. Plus the exhaust pipes and the pipes inside the muffler are tiny.