Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Grizzly 700 Middle Drive Support issue.

Ok guys on my 2012 Grizzly 700 I had an issue with the middle drive support I guess coming unbolted and locking up the transmission. How common is it for this to happen on the Grizzly? Ive hard of it happening often on the Rhino but not much on the grizz. I have now replaced the entire motor with another used one. So shes up and running again. But worried that this might happen again. Im going to fix the old one if it didn't damage the case and also ill prob get the billet shaft also... then bore n stroke the motor since its out the bike already... Any info would be helpful! Thanks!

it happens on both...let me know what you need..
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

well if I have to worry about this happening again... ill just clean her up good and post her forsale!!!!! move on and get away from Yamaha then.

not every one of them does it...prolly more issues on other bikes
    Nikki Davis
    304-877-3419

nikkidavis@jbsperformance.com

5. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Still Shakin' the Cage 08Rhino450SE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by specedition View Post
    well if I have to worry about this happening again... ill just clean her up good and post her forsale!!!!! move on and get away from Yamaha then.
    how much do you want for the pulled engine?
    Mountaineers are Always Free!

Im not sure what its worth.... I just know what I paid for the good used engine... shoot me an offer... your a long ways from me tho.

Red Loctite is key if you're rebuilding. I just had to have mine gone through and if you do it then your confidence factor will be so high that you will never want to get rid of it. I believe that since the warranties are so short on all ATV/UTVs that they (all mfgs) take some shortcuts and don't worry about it due to beancounter's risk assessment. So you and me are the fallout for them. But now I am most confident that mine is top of the heap. So if you put a forged rod and piston and raptor valve springs in it then you can really turn it up and not worry. Just think about what you want and how long.....$.02
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

Like james told me when i did my motor. Red loctite everything inside the motor. I did and glad i built mine when i did, cause my middle drive bolts were finger loose. Now i don't worry about them at all.

Just build that motor right stuff it back in and have fun.
    08 700SE
    --Beast Mode--
    JBS BBK stroker w/clutching
    MTS