Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2012 Wildcat belt question

I had an oil cooler hose come off this weekend and leaked out about 2 quarts of oil, luckily the guy behind me seen it start dumping oil and stopped me. We put the hose back on and filled it back up with oil. Brought it to work with me yesterday to change oil and filter and I have developed a noise coming from the belt cover under the air box. Pulled the cover off and there is a pretty good amount of oil standing inside there. Is that normal? And any other ideas on what to check would be appreciated.
    2012 Wildcat, Pro Armor Doors, High Lifter Lower Radius Bars, EMP Rear Window, Rotopax Fuel Cans, Custom Rear Cage & Roof, Viair Onboard Air, Maxxis Ceros, AJ'S Fenders, and more to come!

No that is not normal! check the seal behind the primary sheave and I would say thats your problem, check it and let me know
    AJ's SXS Accessories 304-575-0342

For Accessories / Help and or Questions and on Facebook @ AJ'S SXS Accessories

Website address
    www.ajswildcataccessories.com

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/AJS-SXS-Accessories/219547124736474?ref=br_tf

yep..seal behind primary
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

Yeah I tore into it yesterday and found that to be the problem. Also read where a lot of people recommend popping the seal off the bearing while I have it out. Any input on that?
    2012 Wildcat, Pro Armor Doors, High Lifter Lower Radius Bars, EMP Rear Window, Rotopax Fuel Cans, Custom Rear Cage & Roof, Viair Onboard Air, Maxxis Ceros, AJ'S Fenders, and more to come!

Also can either of you fill me in on the weights that I read about on here? What do I gain, do I loose anything, is now the best time to do it since it's apart?

Yes!!! now is the time to change your weights while it is all apart get in touch with james and order some from him,I am currently out untill I get back over there, you WONT be dissapointed with them. are all your clutch setting at factory specs and what size tire are you running, any thing 27 inch tire and down you need 26 gram wts.

Website address

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/AJS-SXS-Accessories/219547124736474?ref=br_tf

7. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Also after you clean everything up including the case cover, put just a small drop of grease on the housing bearing where the output shaft rides dont forget...

Website address

Ok thank you! I'm running stock tire size and nothing has been changed on clutch settings, all factory. Does James have a website or a phone number?

Yes he is the owner of the forum! look at the 3rd. post in this thread.

Website address

make sure when you are changing oil you dot fill it completely up. It seems that artic cats full line on the dipstick is too full and can cause leaks and issues. It should be filled up to the low to middle part of the hashes on the dipstick and not the full top line. Also double clamp all the hoses, tow on front of motor and two on the oil cooler or it will happen again.
    2012 Wildcat

12. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast