Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Vendor Baxter Built Fabrications's Avatar

14' XP 900 build

This machine was bought new and had test miles on it only.A lot of the parts came off his 800 that he traded in.This thing is full of goody's.I've gusseted the front end where they tend to kink up and bend and it's getting a full cage,bumpers,roof,and a drop in rack for a spare in the bed.You should here the stereo out of his old one. For a sxs it jammed.Bringing me to a frustrating point.I'm making the 6x9 box and Amp platform out of a factory cage fit in the new one. It might not look bad to do but it's tested my patients to make it look good and fit the cage like it's suppose to be there.It's getting Twisted Stitch seats,2 amps over head,2 6x9s,a 12" sub under the dash,dual battery set up with a auto charge relay (for the house), 30" rigid SR across the top,12"SR in the front bumper,Dually's under the cowling,and more on the back, Zbros high clearance suspension,and beadlocks after he gets this list done and installed.

The first pic is of the gusset that goes between the frame tube and back,lower A arm.This is made to hol the nut for that bolt because one the tab is in it is next to impossible to get the that nut w/o taking the floor out.I can't get a good pic but the second pic I'm holding a pen in there on the intersection of the front frame tubes coming into the perpendicular bar going across the front of the center chassis section.The point is to increase the surface area across the front of that tube.I've more than doubled it in the hopes it don't crush it.then I just bridged all the mounts together.I couldn't find a longer bolt to go threw the A arms so I'm actually using the head of the bolt to keep it from tearing the A arm tabs.We had a guy in our group go threw 2 chassis in 2 yrs. time on his 900.So I'm not just pulling a rabbit out of my hat I just addressed the issues where his puckered and bent in the hopes to prevent it from happening on this one.

This is a picture of that tab installed from the top

08 Resurrected Rhino build and your custom SXS fabrication shop @ Baxter Built Fabrications. Give me a call at 419-953-8509 if you have any questions.

2. Likes flimmy liked this post

08 Resurrected Rhino build and your custom SXS fabrication shop @ Baxter Built Fabrications. Give me a call at 419-953-8509 if you have any questions.

4. Likes flimmy liked this post
    Cage is not done but here's some pics of it now.

6. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Likes flimmy, WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Seems a shame to take a new machine and have to weld it up like that. Seems these manufacturers arn't talking to the riders and finding out where the weak parts of the frames are.
    Commander 1000
    Kawasaki Prairie 400
    Suzuki Ozark 250
    Suzuki 230
    F-250 6.0 Diesel

The way that's put together they know it will crush there.Weather they put that ripple zone in there on purpose or just did it for ease of manufacturing I don't know.But to be honest they are listening to the consumers.I think that is part of which is the problem.LIGHTER AND MORE HP.That's what the majority of the sport UTV guys a screaming.Lighter can easily mean weaker.Not that I mean it can't be strong and light but this is a affordable manufactured vehicle using mild steel for construction.Leaving very little room for weight savings and strength.And the suspension keeps getting wider and wider which means more and more leverage on the chassis.For a good portion maybe they hold up.The environment we play in isn't the most forgiving and everything has it's breaking point.I'm not going to rag on Polaris to much this time.lol All in all the 900 is one bad machine.Just not my flavor! lol These are my opinions too,so don't take any of it to heart.The man said make it stronger because he didn't want it looking like the other guys.So OK lets melt some stuff.Come on we see how the pissing match works.Teddy beats James.James builds another motor to smoke him.I got 100yards running start miss the rut in the middle and made it up the steep hill.Next guy stuffs a tire and trashes his machine trying.same stuff.lmao

lookin good!!
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

When I get enough money together I'm always going to out run James. Baxter you are going to see to that lol.

Sent from the vets office

JBS 787, bored throttle body , +1ported head, JBS deshrowded valves,kibble white valve springs, muzzy exshaust,dynatek coil,TCP oil cooler, triple pass radiator,billit one steering rack,heavy duty steering tierods, heim joints,+6 long travel,tilt wheel, radius roll cage, JBS rear splash shield
    Bead lock wheels , bear claw tires , power steering

11. Likes Baxter Built Fabrications liked this post
    Still Shakin' the Cage 08Rhino450SE's Avatar
    nice work as usual.
    when's my RR with the apex gonna be done?
    Mountaineers are Always Free!

13. Likes Baxter Built Fabrications liked this post
    nice work man
    07 camo 660,yoshi duals,kms intake,dynatec cdi,jet kit, montana jack f&r winch mount,w/ warn xt40, 27" bighorns,2" lift, cab with summit heater,aux red top optima, 5 bad ass jrt's on board,itp ss 212s, jbs sheave,14 gr. wts,orange spring, 40 " led light bar, autometer guages,equus tach,innovate afm, jensen ms30 ,jbl 6.5s, elka stage 1 shocks, kenwood 2way radio, alpine ktp445u amp, led headlight mod,twisted stitch harnesses,pro1 doors, 60 amp alternator,power steering, pc925 battery

Here is a few finishing pics.We busted our asses Thurs. night till we hrs. of the morning to get this thing ready to leave for Brimstone.He made it and had no problems with anything.In the first pic of the SSV speaker box you can see where he mounted his head unit,Sub control,and dome light.

This is a pic of some of the prewiring on the amps and water proof Ipod box.

I'll try to get a few better pics later.This was right before he loaded it up for Brimstone after a few beater laps.lol
    This thing is tricked out.For anyone that has a 900 that double down intake for the air box makes quite a difference in the midrange.I was impressed.

16. Likes flimmy liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast