Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I could see where adding a long snorkle with a filter on the end could cause more heat. I think if you snorkle one, you better drive it like you are trying to take care of your belt. Use low on those climbs and in the mudholes that you think are more than just water.

Quote Originally Posted by Hump View Post
    I had 2500 miles on my S when I sold it. It still had the factory belt on it in good condition. I used low up every steep climb, through the woods where speeds were below 10mph. I never got on it hard until I felt the belt fully engage. Also, never did any deep mud if I could help it, and I know I never took enough water to get my belt to even slip. I never sprayed water toward the intake like the manual said. I had alot of mud caked up under the bed to prove it. I never smoked my belt, ever, because of how I used low alot like the manual says. Pissed alot of people off, and even got hit in the ass a few times stopping to change gears. Took the cover off a few times to check everything and found a lot of dust and some dried up mud in there. If a person done more deep water crossings, mudholes, and sprayed water up under the bed more than I did, it may not hurt to do something with that intake location. That intake is in a place that water, dust, and mud can get to easier than a person can get to, or even see. I always wanted to do something with mine to keep dust out of the cvt and the engine because I was getting sick of cleaning out everything every month, and buying those expensive paper air filters and having to grease the airbox lid.
    A minor point nobody cares about is that the outlet duct does keep the bed cooler because of exhaust location. I made a Al cover w/Dzus fasteners for the bed so that I can access things down there and I can easily stuff a rag in he outlet and power wash the crap out of the engine area.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234