Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

save your rzr clutch

if you wanna save your clutch snorkle it....even if you dont ride in much mud or water it can get in there when you wash it too...seen a bunch messed up from washing and putting them up and some of the parts rust and then it doesnt work right..it also gets splashed in there too...save yourself alot money later and snorkle it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Thanks Yotehunter66 thanked for this post
    Man, That is the one and only mod I wanted to do to my RZR.

When I bought my new machine, I went back and talked to the service dept about mods and Polaris extended warrant. He said they were not to particular unless it directly effected the broken part....With one exception.....Snorkeled ! I asked what about a snorkel, because that is the one mod I wanted to do. Not that I want to play submarine, but to get cleaner, cooler air to the CVT and airbox. He said that is the one mod that would completely and instantly VOID factory or extended warranty. He said that snorkels are severely frownd on by Polaris and that any machine brought in with snorkels was immediately denied any warranty. THAT SUCKS !!! But I did want a little piece of mind that if I dropped an engine or a diff on a $12000 machine that I was not just out of luck.

4. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Larry what made you go with the rzr over the wildcat or maverick? Im researching now and trust your opinion.

The 800s seems like a perfect machine for trail riding with a lil more punch than the rhino. Others seem to big and bulky for the woods. I think you made a great choice Larry and hope you enjoy your new machine. This is just what I have been looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The RZR is by far the most popular SxS in this area. Therefor the lack of dealers and buddies with feedback kept me away from the kitten or the commander / maverick. From everything I have seen, the wildcat and Maverick are super awesome machines. My riding partner has had a RZR for about a year with 0 issues. With the RZR being so popular, there is a TON of info, aftermarket and used parts out there. When I started shopping, I found that I could by a 2014 RZR 800 S for $11200. Now that is one without fox shocks or power steering. You have to get an LE for those options and it is $3000 more. I drove the LE and was not impressed with the power steering and for $1500 I can by a set of fox shocks. The next thing is everyone said they are just too wide for the trails we have. Not so true. My Rhino with aftermarket wheels was 60in wide. The RZR S is 60.4 in wide. The XP 900 is only 64 in wide. 4in wider than my Rhino. The RZR has long travel suspension with 12in of travel and 12.5 in of ground clearance......BONE STOCK.....oh yea, and 55hp !!! Wrap that all up and I bought into it. Have already put over 100 miles on it and ABSOLUTELY LOVE it !!!! I can power slide a corner at 40mph with the wheels spinning, Jump a water break and land like I'm on a cloud, cruise at 50 mph like it is nothing !!!!!

Lets just hope I don't regret it down the road. My buddy's RZR has 1000 miles on it with factory belt and bushing still on it. Rode with a group of RZR's Saturday...2 800 S models....One with 2500 miles...factory belt and factory bushings...no issues. The other turned 4000 miles on our ride was on His second belt and second set of bushings. Both have been issue free. I've got my fingers crossed and having a blast !

A lot of guys around here have rzr too. I say a lot but there aren't a lot of sxs so not a lot of feedback so thats why I lean on the forums… Im looking at he maverick but there are none around here. I love my Rhino but the more I get it like I want it the slower it gets. I added a back seat and full cage and its what I want but its losing the wow factor. I know that in the trails nothing really out runs anything but I still want to feel that umph if that makes since??? I will not sell my Rhino, And I will spend more money in it to have fun with it . I am the most brand loyal person you will ever meet and I don't sell anything!! Hell I still have the same truck I drove in high school lol . The best way I can explain what I'm feeling is this. The young guys at work tie all there pay checks up in hondas to make them run with stock v8 s And I tell them put that money in something that will run from the factory and then see what you got…. I can't help but feel right now Im one of those honda boys if that makes since lol My Rhino will be my daily driver if you will my honda accord.. But I still want that weekend ride, the nice camaro…

That was me. Was looking at putting a couple grand in the Rhino or by a factory machine that I liked better. I am the most NON brand specific person. But I have owned 3 Polaris 4 wheelers

75 machines on bobbys ride and 1 rhino...lol

11. Likes scottwv liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
    Man, That is the one and only mod I wanted to do to my RZR.

When I bought my new machine, I went back and talked to the service dept about mods and Polaris extended warrant. He said they were not to particular unless it directly effected the broken part....With one exception.....Snorkeled ! I asked what about a snorkel, because that is the one mod I wanted to do. Not that I want to play submarine, but to get cleaner, cooler air to the CVT and airbox. He said that is the one mod that would completely and instantly VOID factory or extended warranty. He said that snorkels are severely frownd on by Polaris and that any machine brought in with snorkels was immediately denied any warranty. THAT SUCKS !!! But I did want a little piece of mind that if I dropped an engine or a diff on a $12000 machine that I was not just out of luck.
    I've been playing around with clutch cooling and think I know why Polaris is against it. PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by finzup View Post
    I've been playing around with clutch cooling and think I know why Polaris is against it. PM me.
    PM sent

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast