Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Great protection! JBS Skid plates!

Great protection! JBS skid plate system.

James and I installed my skid plates this weekend and they are a wonderful fit. The factory holes line up perfect and yes for those that want to know, you do have some self tapping screws to install. No drilling required or nut inserts to put in. It is a breeze.

It is very important to install the skids in the proper order: the front diff. cover first then the belly section and then rear piece. Simply remove the stock setup and keep all of the stock hardware. The rear diff. does not have a skid plate on it or need one. It is very heavy steel with plenty of protection.

AN IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT tighten any of the hardware until all of the hardware on all of the plates have been put on finger tight! Then before tightening any bolts start at the rear flange of the rear skid plate. There are 6 self tapping screws that need to be installed and tightened first. After installing those, tighten all of the other bolts in a staggering pattern to draw it down evenly. Once all of the regular bolts are tight install and tight the rest of the self tapping screws.

The skid plates are 3/16ths thick aluminum and very rigged. There are access holes for the front diff. drain and the oil drain. To change the oil filter you will have to remove the middle skid plate (you may be able to reach through the front of the bike above the driveshaft and reach the oil filter, I have not tried this yet but it looks like it is possible). There is no access panel like on the stock setup to access the oil filter which to me is a better setup because there is more protection this way without a small door to get ripped off. A solid piece has less to hang up on!

It is a 3 piece system with rock sliders as an option. The stock hardware is required and the rest of the hardware required will come with the system. James told me today the skid plates are available now and the rock sliders will be ready within the next 1-3 weeks. The skid system is unique in that it has inner locking tabs to make alignment easy. The rear section has built-in floor protectors to cover that ugly and dangerous hole under the rear passengers feet. Very, very nice work.

When you read on the other threads that JBS builds quality products you can believe it. I strongly recommend these skids plates if you want the best protection!

I will post pictures soon, I need to get them with my phone to post.

Thank you for reading.

Great job James.

2. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Likes commando64, WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Banned
    Here are pics that show the tabs and the thickness and the bolt holes i mentioned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    I cant get pictures to load. Ill try again later.

Great write up.

Sent from the vets office

JBS 787, bored throttle body , +1ported head, JBS deshrowded valves,kibble white valve springs, muzzy exshaust,dynatek coil,TCP oil cooler, triple pass radiator,billit one steering rack,heavy duty steering tierods, heim joints,+6 long travel,tilt wheel, radius roll cage, JBS rear splash shield
    Bead lock wheels , bear claw tires , power steering

I'm looking for metal/diamond plate skids...front and back only. Don't see any on the JBS website
    If it's clean then go for a ride

2006 660 SE * Stock Motor * JBS Sheave * 700 Cam Plate * 16gm OD Weights * Orange Spring * Dynatek CDI * Stock SE Aluminum Wheels * Big Horn 2.0 Knock Off Tires * HID Headlights * Hardtop Roof * Koplin 60/40 Windsheild * Weller Racing Fuel Pump With clear lines * Maier Red Plastics * Black Rhino Steering Wheel *

Banned
    I dont think he carries those. I will tell you this those are really thin and will bend or brake easy. I have never seen any that is as thick as james that would do as good as his.

Okay then I will wait to see a picture of what he has to offer

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    If it's clean then go for a ride

2006 660 SE * Stock Motor * JBS Sheave * 700 Cam Plate * 16gm OD Weights * Orange Spring * Dynatek CDI * Stock SE Aluminum Wheels * Big Horn 2.0 Knock Off Tires * HID Headlights * Hardtop Roof * Koplin 60/40 Windsheild * Weller Racing Fuel Pump With clear lines * Maier Red Plastics * Black Rhino Steering Wheel *

Banned

Banned
    Can anyone tell me why I cant post pictures. I have tried off of tapatalk and photobucket and I cant get them to load. I can load them this way on other forums. Please help so I can get these pictures loaded.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast