Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Banned

JBS Floor guard protection: Update

JBS Floor guard protection: Update

James and I installed a set of floor guards on my 2014 T4 this weekend to see if 30" tires will clear and unfortunately they dont.

THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH THE SMALLER TIRES! I just want to make sure you know this, this is only on large tires.

Also He wanted me to update the install instructions: While installing all of the hardware you need to push in and up as hard as you can to get the guards as tight against the floor as possible. Then you need to install the self tapping screws On the inside post before any other bolts. This is the vertical posts.

There are Pictures of his products on his website and I didnt get any pictures of mine installed. SORRY!

jbsperfomance.com 304-673-2602 or 304-877-3419

James asked me to write this review to insure everyone has the information. He is a real stand up guy. He wants to make sure that his customers are happy and that his products are perfect.

The problem with the big tires is the way the guards are cut. They are not form fitting to the floor and if you run 29" tires or larger you are probably rubbing anyway when you turn hard right or left when compressing you suspension in a rut. So he is going to make modifications to the guards with his engineer to make them fit to the shape of the floor a lot tighter.

I have a 3" RMS lift kit with 30x10x14" Monster mayhems with 3+5 8x14 ITP 212 rims. So I am wider than stock and still rub when in a bind with the suspension compressed. If you dont have any offset on your rims you are going to rub worse without the guards.

THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH THE SMALLER TIRES! I just want to make sure you know this, this is only on large tires.

There are other possible fixes to this such as +1 forward a arm. He is also considering trying to make it pull Hard into the floor itself to pull the floor back some. I also talked to him about a modification that I am going to try and some of you might not want to cut on your new machines but here it goes.

The problem with the floors is the way Kawasaki formed the floors. If you look at where the tires rub and look inside the floor in between your foot rests on both sides there is a flat area. I am going to cut that area out and rivet a piece of metal flat across the hole I just made and get some liquid polyethylene to form a new floor. Then I will cut the floor guards in the same location and weld a piece of metal across that hole to make it flat. There will be NO place for the tires to rub after this. You could easy run 32"s if the floor was flat in that location.

The drawbacks are you will void your warranty and take a little room for you to stretch your toes. LOL. I told James what I'm going to do and he said if it works and people are interested in this mod. he may make a kit to accommodate.

Any feedback or ideas or if anyone has done this please post up and lend a hand.

Thanks again James.

2. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Sweet.
    Commander 1000
    Kawasaki Prairie 400
    Suzuki Ozark 250
    Suzuki 230
    F-250 6.0 Diesel

thanks!!
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602