Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A hammer can fix many things.
    Good observation
    :-)
    2015 Polaris Ranger 900
    RVS 86HP Tune | Elka Shocks | QSC Clutching | 27" VIPRs | 5000lb Viper | Baja Designs Lights | Wet Sounds Stealth 10 | 10" SSV Subwoofer | Highlifter Snorkels

2014 Kawasaki Teryx4 800

Warn Provantage 4500-S
    28" Terminators | MSA Kore | Highlifter Lift | 50" Radius Lightbar | Dual Batteries |

2011 Yamaha Rhino 734 Sport
    Alba 734 | Racer's Edge +2 head | CP 11:1 Piston | 46mm Benchmark TB | JBS Sheave, Muzzys | WER shocks | CATVOS 3" lift | 30" Bighorns

Vendor Baxter Built Fabrications's Avatar
    Looks like a primary off a Arctic Cat smowmoble.Cover looks a little different but that's about it.Make sure the bushings are good in those weights.They can cause major probs if that bolt/pin wears it's way threw that weight.Very good style of clutch.It just need a little more maintinance than the Rhino clutch.I've seen those things take the hood off a sled when they let go from abuse and NO maintinance.lol Ahhh the good ol'days.I miss those things from time to time.lol
    08 Resurrected Rhino build and your custom SXS fabrication shop @ Baxter Built Fabrications. Give me a call at 419-953-8509 if you have any questions.

It does look exactly like the sled clutches. If it indeed is you will have so many exciting clutch setups it isn't even funny. I would be stoked.

Sent from the sticks
    08 700SE
    --Beast Mode--
    JBS BBK stroker w/clutching
    MTS

The interesting thing, and one of the big things that sold me on the Teryx4, was the fact that Kawasaki uses an oil bathed centrifugal clutch. I like the wet clutch because it gives very precise low-speed control. Other kinds of clutch designs that use the belt as the clutch have their own advantages but low speed was not one of them.

I got pretty familiar with a 2012 Polaris RZR-S 800. For certain environments, the abrupt power snap was welcome in that it had almost zero lag and could get tires turning quickly when they were half-buried in mud. I also liked the Polaris CVT range in that it seemed to allow much higher top speeds and still offer low gearing.

With that said, I always enjoy the utility and technical, slow speed advantages to a wet clutch CVT. There are times when I want to turn the tires over so slow that I can count the lugs as they pass by. Between the deep low range gearing, V-Twin torque, and the wet clutch; the Kawasaki Teryx4 has super smooth power delivery in technical terrain.

I am secretly waiting for someone to develop a "hotrod" clutch for the Teryx4 800, *cough cough JAMES*. If such a thing existed, and knowing how much difference the sheave made on my Rhino 700, the Teryx4 800 would be an absolute animal.

Unfortunately, there is next to zero aftermarket clutch options for the Teryx4. VForce John has been working on clutch options and weights, but does not offer anything at the moment. A few T4 guys claim to have Adam Harvey from ///AirDam machine work on their clutches, but customer support from his is some of the worst in the business.

I started this thread because the Kawi CVT is just not the simple work of art of the Yamaha Ultramatic. The belt issue is only one example. The reliability is not there; however, I hope the revised belt part number represents a step in the right direction.
    2015 Polaris Ranger 900
    RVS 86HP Tune | Elka Shocks | QSC Clutching | 27" VIPRs | 5000lb Viper | Baja Designs Lights | Wet Sounds Stealth 10 | 10" SSV Subwoofer | Highlifter Snorkels

2014 Kawasaki Teryx4 800

Warn Provantage 4500-S
    28" Terminators | MSA Kore | Highlifter Lift | 50" Radius Lightbar | Dual Batteries |

Alba 734 | Racer's Edge +2 head | CP 11:1 Piston | 46mm Benchmark TB | JBS Sheave, Muzzys | WER shocks | CATVOS 3" lift | 30" Bighorns

5. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    How is the new 39 Kawasaki belt for the 2014 teryx4 holding up? My neighbor just bought one a couple months ago and while at Windrock over Memorial Day weekend he blew the belt. Dealer is going to cover it. It has less than 200 miles on it. If heat is the problem, then it seems to me that a newer or thicker belt isn't the answer because heat is still going to build up if it has no place to go. So I was just wondering if it will last.

7. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    I have not had any problems out of the new 39 Kawi belt.
    Everything is smooth, no burning belt smell, no slipping - The temps are heating up quick here in Texas so if it is a heat problem I will know very soon.
    2015 Polaris Ranger 900

2014 Kawasaki Teryx4 800

Warn Provantage 4500-S

9. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    I guess we will all have to wait and see if it fixes problem. My neighbor should get his back by the weekend and I am sure we will be on the trails very soon. I will update as soon as we do.
    'O4 Red Rhino 660
    JBS sheave 14g weights purple spring
    dynatek cdi
    jet kit
    Gibson exhaust
    2" lift
    2" wheel spacers
    14" suer atv bandit wheels
    28.5" super atv dominator tires
    temp gauge
    volt meter
    custom reverse lights
    custom top
    fender flares

'05 Pink Rhino 660
    painted myself in garage
    4 seater
    JBS 16g weights orange spring
    26" swamplites tires
    12" itp wheels
    custom top

It's been almost a year. Any updates for us new guys?

Stay tuned.....
    Teryx/Teryx4 clutch testing starting in May.
    Using Tapatalk

13. Likes Timmi liked this post
    Chris, a little off topic, but how did you get the tank out? I couldn't get mine out the other day (floorboard change), finally have up and worked around it.

Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12