Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2013 RZR 800S overheating

A buddy of mine that goes riding with us has a Rzr 800S. Since new this thing has always run warm in my opinion. 210-220 degrees. The fan will kick on around 230 or so and shut off around 215. It cuts out (power wise) when it hits 240, which it does quite often! He's cleaned the radiator a bunch of times and I watched him, he'll get some dirt out, but it's never been bad. We'll go for a ride and come back and his bike will puke antifreeze all thru my yard or on my patio and it's kind of getting old. For those of you that have an 800S, what temp do they normally run, what temp does the fan kick on and off? I told him the other day that I have 100 feet of garden hose so we could drive around in circles in my yard with the hose attached to his bike, but he didn't think that was too funny. Thanks for any advice.
    2016 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec SE. 12" double row LED's from Flimmy, Warn Vantage 3000, SSV works audio system.......I need to add more parts!!!!!

2. Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post

I asked the wife and she said her fan kicks on at 194-196 and goes off at 189. The highest she has seen is 204. We check the fluid every ride. Hers is a 2013 also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'll pass that along to my buddy

Sent from the seat of my Rhino.
    2016 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec SE. 12" double row LED's from Flimmy, Warn Vantage 3000, SSV works audio system.......I need to add more parts!!!!!

If it's under warranty, he better make them rebuild the engine after they figure out what's going on because it's not going to make it very long after running that hot all the time.
    JBS 734 with Crank Works crank and rod - CP 11:1 BBK- Hotcams stage 3 Raptor cam - JBS ported head - JBS Hot Rod sheave with 16s - Gold secondary - 26x9 OG Bighorns on Racline wheels - BRP cdi - Bazzaz Z FI - Yoshimura exhaust - Hump's led headlight swap with Trailbrightled lights - 10" Rigid SR light bar - 4" cage chop with home made custom bracing - home built doors - Mishimoto radiator

It's out of warranty. I told him a few times he is ruining the engine every time it runs that hot. Some guys you just can't make it sink in.

temp is to high when it kicks on...should be like wingmans
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

The 800's are easy to get air trapped in the cooling system so you may try to bleed it. I've seen a lot over heat because of this..

ok i dont usually drive my wifes 13 rzrS but my mom is down from chicago so i took her out to the ranch. we took the S cause the suspension in better than my rhino. 4 hrs of riding as soon as the temp got to 204 the fan came on cooled it down to 187 and that was all day long. outside temp was 85 most of the day
    09 700 sport
    aftermarket cam, duel muzzy exhaust, alba custom map, MSD fuel controller, alba water temp and oil press gauges, SDR LT6, SDR 4seat custom cage and bed, rigid industries 40in. and 10in. light bars, led head and taillights, fox remote resi shocks, DWT beadlock wheels, twisted stitch seats front and back, crow 4pt harness front and back, super atv power steering, quick release steering wheel. ruggid radios incar communication and car to car com, JBS EXTREME2 sheave on the way

I bet it's a water pump seal. They get crap in it and go bad. When they start to go out they won't leak much of anything but what they will do is let air in which causes it to lock up and over heat.
    08 700 special edition midnight armor black
    Jbs sheave , stage 1 raptor cam, uni air filter, purple spring, anti friction washers
    16 g weights, msd 3d, 26" bighorns, warn 3.0 winch
    With synthetic rope, folding windshield, emp rear bumper
    Baja II front bumper, 6" led bumper mount lights
    Vdp stereo, factory rhino tool box, rydon dust cover

Thanks for the replies fellas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast