Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
    Still Shakin' the Cage 08Rhino450SE's Avatar

Political Correctness Runs Amok!

thought you hunters might get a laugh out of this. it's about annual deer culling in parks in the cincinnati area due to overpopulation...

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/opin...ting/17058297/

"After tracking down studies, investigating programs to manage deer populations, reviewing state regulation and talking to national experts, they’ve found two approaches they think show great promise for the two city parks that they live close to and are advocating for. They want city officials and the park board to revisit the issue of bow-hunting for those parks, and seriously consider the alternatives.

The first is a fertility control program in which deer are immobilized, surgically sterilized, tagged, given antibiotics and pain medication and then released. Because they remain in the environment, they reduce the number of new deer coming in, and the sterilizations slowly shrink the size of the herd.
    The second is the use of PZP, a vaccine that causes infertility. It works best when a herd is fairly isolated geographically, and it requires booster shots, but medical advances are extending the time before they’re needed."

now they want to castrate poor bambi lol and make us pay for it
    Mountaineers are Always Free!

2. Likes Kenny G liked this post
    Hmmm, that reminds me, I think I'll cook some venison tonight.
    2016 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec SE. 12" double row LED's from Flimmy, Warn Vantage 3000, SSV works audio system.......I need to add more parts!!!!!

4. Likes 08Rhino450SE liked this post
    The feds are trying out the serilization program on the wild horse herds out here in Wyoming. They've been rounding them up for years with helicopters and selling them off to the packing houses. I think it's a dam shame what they're doing to the wild horse herds here. I've heard they make the welfare women get serilized after the 6th or 7th pup if they want to stay on the free handout program. Hunt them and give the meat to the needy and homeless shelters; poor Bambi. Wonder if they'll stop growing horns and want to get married to each other, like the rest of the pole smokers.
    06/450: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod Sheave/12gr OD's; Blue Spring; 04 Style/KN Air; Dyna CDI; Axia Exhaust Tip; 3" Lift; Sport Shocks; 27X14 Mudlite XTR's; Warn 2500#

08/700: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod X-Sheave/16gr OD's/Slugged; Purple Spring; Alba TB; Raptor HotCam; MSD/JBS-Map; Yoshimura Duals; Pro One Doors; LSR MTS; LSR Front & Back Supports; Ricochet Skids; Elka 4's; RackZilla/PS: 26X12 Pitbull Growlers; Camoplast T4S; Viper 4500#; Trail Bright LEDs.
    Let'em Buck!!!

6. Likes 123.bert0621 liked this post
    Bow hunting through a lottery would probably work best in my opinion and allow the hunters to take does over bucks that would be the quickest, my opinion.
    2008 700 sport, JBS sheave OD weights,purple spring,MSD,floor guards,sat radio,RydeOn cover,Aluminum stick guards,JBS radiator guards,JBS skid rear,30`and 10`
    Trailbright LED`s,K&N,rear window,2`lift,RZR seats...
    http://hotrodforums.net/forums/image...ine=1422123669tons of other stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny G View Post
    The feds are trying out the serilization program on the wild horse herds out here in Wyoming. They've been rounding them up for years with helicopters and selling them off to the packing houses. I think it's a dam shame what they're doing to the wild horse herds here. I've heard they make the welfare women get serilized after the 6th or 7th pup if they want to stay on the free handout program. Hunt them and give the meat to the needy and homeless shelters; poor Bambi. Wonder if they'll stop growing horns and want to get married to each other, like the rest of the pole smokers.
    the amount of property damage alone necessitates culling the herds. there were over 23,000 deer-vehicle accidents in ohio in 2010, which was 4th highest in the country. they forage for food along interstate highways when an area becomes overpopulated.
    i don't know about the horse-vehicle accidents there in Wyoming or why they're sending them to the packing houses. wild horses galloping on the plains has always struck a romantic notion in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by 123.bert0621 View Post
    Bow hunting through a lottery would probably work best in my opinion and allow the hunters to take does over bucks that would be the quickest, my opinion.
    yup. lotteries are how they do it. the meat is processed for food kitchens in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by 08Rhino450SE View Post
    the amount of property damage alone necessitates culling the herds. there were over 23,000 deer-vehicle accidents in ohio in 2010, which was 4th highest in the country. they forage for food along interstate highways when an area becomes overpopulated.
    i don't know about the horse-vehicle accidents there in Wyoming or why they're sending them to the packing houses. wild horses galloping on the planes has always struck a romantic notion in my mind.
    No horse/vehicle crashes. The wild mustangs run up through the Red Desert area; southern Wyo to the middle of the state where the Bighorn Mnt Range takes off. I believe they took out around 800 - 1000 mustangs this fall. Here's a couple pics of the mustangs on the plains of Wyoming.

06/450: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod Sheave/12gr OD's; Blue Spring; 04 Style/KN Air; Dyna CDI; Axia Exhaust Tip; 3" Lift; Sport Shocks; 27X14 Mudlite XTR's; Warn 2500#

08/700: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod X-Sheave/16gr OD's/Slugged; Purple Spring; Alba TB; Raptor HotCam; MSD/JBS-Map; Yoshimura Duals; Pro One Doors; LSR MTS; LSR Front & Back Supports; Ricochet Skids; Elka 4's; RackZilla/PS: 26X12 Pitbull Growlers; Camoplast T4S; Viper 4500#; Trail Bright LEDs.
    Let'em Buck!!!

*plains

using a helichopper seems like expensive overkill to me. of course i don't have unlimited funds to use to substantiate my existence, either lol

are they overpopulated? they look pretty healthy to me.