Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going bigger

Going bigger

In the attempt to always improve on everything I am having a BRIGHTER led bar made.

Its a 300W curved 30" bar. The reg 30" bars are 180w so this one is almost twice as bright as the 180w ones.

Price is $329 shipped.

2016 YXZ Yellow SE

old ride 2 11 Polaris RZR XP 900 White Lightning Edition all stock for now.

old old ride. 06 JBS built 686 , Benachmark ported head , Falicon rod , JBS sheave , Alba pipe and fuel pump , custom cage , HID head lights , 26" GBC Dirt Tamers on SS212 wheels , Superwinch Terra 45 w/ Synthetic Rope , Dynatek CDI

2. Thanks Mrs. Hot Rod thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by flimmy View Post
    In the attempt to always improve on everything I am having a BRIGHTER led bar made.

Its a 300W curved 30" bar. The reg 30" bars are 180w so this one is almost twice as bright as the 180w ones.
    So, are you also going to be offering a new improved battery charging system to keep up with this new monster? :-)
    | I took the one less traveled by....
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #
    |___________________________________

Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    So, are you also going to be offering a new improved battery charging system to keep up with this new monster? :-)
    lol no but this is always available and I'm sure someone can come build it them selves cheaper

http://utvinc.com/yamaha/rhino-700/u...lternator-kit/
    2016 YXZ Yellow SE

old old ride. 06 JBS built 686 , Benachmark ported head , Falicon rod , JBS sheave , Alba pipe and fuel pump , custom cage , HID head lights , 26" GBC Dirt Tamers on SS212 wheels , Superwinch Terra 45 w/ Synthetic Rope , Dynatek CDI

i think u need some fox podiums so u can try to keep up with James..lol
    Sent from my momma's basement

"The family Comfort Wagon"..JBS sheave, +6 LT w/kings, 4 seat cage w/3 twisted stitch seats

Can you share some detail on how the new lights are going to be brighter? Are they using 5w Cree emitters instead of the 3w?

I have a 50" radius lightbar on my Teryx, a light with 96 3w Cree emitters. I've put my meter on it and the light uses about 22 amps of power. The Teryx4 has a weak charging system. The light by itself uses more juice than the stator can produce; it's right on the ragged edge. If the fan turns on, or if you turn on the headlights with the lightbar, then the volts drop below 12.5V. A dual battery with a separator was necessary.

Still, I love my radius lightbar. The spread of the light is perfect for my riding style.
    2015 Polaris Ranger 900
    RVS 86HP Tune | Elka Shocks | QSC Clutching | 27" VIPRs | 5000lb Viper | Baja Designs Lights | Wet Sounds Stealth 10 | 10" SSV Subwoofer | Highlifter Snorkels

2014 Kawasaki Teryx4 800

Warn Provantage 4500-S
    28" Terminators | MSA Kore | Highlifter Lift | 50" Radius Lightbar | Dual Batteries |

2011 Yamaha Rhino 734 Sport
    Alba 734 | Racer's Edge +2 head | CP 11:1 Piston | 46mm Benchmark TB | JBS Sheave, Muzzys | WER shocks | CATVOS 3" lift | 30" Bighorns

7. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino liked this post
    Wish they used the starter as an alternator on the rhino's. But oh well. New light bar sounds awesome!
    08 700SE
    --Beast Mode--
    JBS BBK stroker w/clutching
    MTS

Chris what size do you want for the new ride or did you keep the light bar off the Teryx ?
    2016 YXZ Yellow SE

I'm thinking a 50" radius light would bolt right the Ranger cab pillars. After having a 50" light, it's hard to go to anything less!
    2015 Polaris Ranger 900
    RVS 86HP Tune | Elka Shocks | QSC Clutching | 27" VIPRs | 5000lb Viper | Baja Designs Lights | Wet Sounds Stealth 10 | 10" SSV Subwoofer | Highlifter Snorkels

2014 Kawasaki Teryx4 800

Warn Provantage 4500-S
    28" Terminators | MSA Kore | Highlifter Lift | 50" Radius Lightbar | Dual Batteries |

Alba 734 | Racer's Edge +2 head | CP 11:1 Piston | 46mm Benchmark TB | JBS Sheave, Muzzys | WER shocks | CATVOS 3" lift | 30" Bighorns

lol the new 30" has more light output then a 50" . I can get you a custom 40" radius bar with the brighter leds. I think the 50" with the 5w leds would draw WAY too much power.
    2016 YXZ Yellow SE

You are right about the high power consumption for a UTV charging system. The 50" double row was rated at 288 watts, and that was all the Teryx wanted. I loved the spread and throw of the all spot lenses on the 50".

I'm glad you mentioned the new 30" bar. I want to do some measuring on my Ranger. A 40" light may fit better but I'm not sure yet. The cage in the new full size Rangers is a bit different than the rest.
    2015 Polaris Ranger 900

2014 Kawasaki Teryx4 800

Warn Provantage 4500-S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast