Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  62
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by madmax 1 View Post
    that thing does look sweet with the tracks Kenny, what kind of seats are you running?
    Seats are from Rhino Giant, they're a suspension seat, with suspension seat plates. These seats fit a big boy well and are very comfortable. I found some of the more popular brands were constructed more for racing, snugger fit and were not recommended for big boned boys over 2 bills. I'd buy them again and the price is reasonable and well put together.You can order seat pattern to fit your taste (color, texture). Thanks for lookin in.

Quote Originally Posted by jimclemjr View Post
    Kenny- Just interested in what the tracks do to fuel consumption? What kind of snow depth will they handle? Does the Rhino ride on top of the snow ( to a point ) or does it sink thru and you just have to plow it? What is top speed? How much they weigh? Are they a geared down ratio or run one to one final drive? Sorry I sound like a second grader just have visions of how much fun that could be.....
    Fuel usage depends on what you're riding in and habits, I always pack an extra 5 gals to make sure I'll make it home. I think a couple weeks ago before the duals were on, I put around 40+ miles on riding in a mix of deep and shallow snow. I topped the tank off as I was making my way back to ground zero. I'd say 40 miles and you'll be walking if you don't have x/fuel, I aint walking.

The bike will float on top of most snow. Dry sugary snow lacks the moisture to pack under the track, snow with good moisture or has had time to settle, and self pack is the best. This weekend I was climb out of a narrow creek bed along side a ridge and broke through the crusted snow(old snow) and thought f*#k, an area that the wind had drifted, melted, drifted, and with about 8" powder on top. I'd already come in this way, one way in one way out thing. I was able to back out about 40' locked it in and lit-up those tracks and skimmed right over it. I tend to ride slow so as not to spill any beer, lol....

They weight alot went you're trying to hit the lugs when installing, I'd have to look up the weight but that's something you can do also. They are mated to the type of machine, manufacture and displacement. So, yes they are geared for your machine.

Last question, speed. They recommend you don't exceed 40 mph. This weekend I had mine up to 76 kph, lol..... Must of reset my speedo readout when I was in the maint mood the week before, so I was running 46.22 mph, according the the fancy convert I found online, that was on fairly hard packed snow with 6" powder.

Thanks for the questions, I live at the base of a 7'-8'K mountain range and look at it all day at work, just waiting for the weekend to hit so I can get up there and geter-done.....
    06/450: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod Sheave/12gr OD's; Blue Spring; 04 Style/KN Air; Dyna CDI; Axia Exhaust Tip; 3" Lift; Sport Shocks; 27X14 Mudlite XTR's; Warn 2500#

08/700: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod X-Sheave/16gr OD's/Slugged; Purple Spring; Alba TB; Raptor HotCam; MSD/JBS-Map; Yoshimura Duals; Pro One Doors; LSR MTS; LSR Front & Back Supports; Ricochet Skids; Elka 4's; RackZilla/PS: 26X12 Pitbull Growlers; Camoplast T4S; Viper 4500#; Trail Bright LEDs.
    Let'em Buck!!!

2. Thanks jimclemjr, madmax 1 thanked for this post
    I still wana hear em bro . Can ya help a brother out ?
    Satisfy Your Speed Tooth ! JBS Hot Rod Style

4. Likes Kenny G liked this post
    Well I got you tube to forgive me. Hear you go bro, took this yesterday after I got home.
    06/450: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod Sheave/12gr OD's; Blue Spring; 04 Style/KN Air; Dyna CDI; Axia Exhaust Tip; 3" Lift; Sport Shocks; 27X14 Mudlite XTR's; Warn 2500#

08/700: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod X-Sheave/16gr OD's/Slugged; Purple Spring; Alba TB; Raptor HotCam; MSD/JBS-Map; Yoshimura Duals; Pro One Doors; LSR MTS; LSR Front & Back Supports; Ricochet Skids; Elka 4's; RackZilla/PS: 26X12 Pitbull Growlers; Camoplast T4S; Viper 4500#; Trail Bright LEDs.
    Let'em Buck!!!

6. Thanks 42drifter thanked for this post
    Likes 42drifter, madmax 1 liked this post
    Still Shakin' the Cage 08Rhino450SE's Avatar
    sounds good, KG, and they make a great tailgate heater too lol
    Mountaineers are Always Free!

8. Thanks Kenny G thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by 08Rhino450SE View Post
    sounds good, KG, and they make a great tailgate heater too lol
    Good place to warm up a burrito out on the trail, lol........

Let'em Buck!!!

Thanks brotha I appreciate the effort . I like the sound of those Yoshi's . Nice and crisp without being to harsh on the ears .
    Satisfy Your Speed Tooth ! JBS Hot Rod Style

11. Thanks Kenny G thanked for this post
    Well, last weekend I pulled the tracks off and put the Pitbulls back on, then we got 5" of snow. Anyway, I haven't had a chance to try out the performance with the round rubber since putting the Yoshi duals on until today. I could tell there was an improvement with the tracks but with the round rubber 'holy chit'. Took the bike out to a 500 acre atv park and it performed over my expectations. Steep incline pulls that would cause speed loss, I seen pull all the way to the top with speed increase while climbing. I never could keep the throttle paged because of the terrain but at 40-45 mph through the trees and whoop-dies it was all I wanted to handle with constant washouts and drop-offs. Very impressed with what happened between the Alba bored throttle body and the addition of duals. I've ran these same trails without the duals and there wasn't the quick reaction and torque that the bike now performs with. They have a boulder field setup for rock crawling, if you want to call it that, and the bike powered well when the tires were pinched in between large rocks, which was my big disappointment last year at Moab. There just wasn't enough torque to turn the tires and the bike just kind-off stalled out. She will turn the tires now, and I'm dying to test it out at Moab 2015. Whole new animal, very satisfied with the investment.

Let'em Buck!!!

13. Thanks madmax 1 thanked for this post
    Likes 42drifter, Fabricator, 08Rhino450SE liked this post
    I just read through and what a nice sounding set of pipes.
    I sure like my stock machine , but I'm gunna re-think that a bit.
    Maybe just a TB & duals.....breath,, breath...
    2008 Rhino 700
    Midnight Edition,
    Uni air filter,
    Machined sheave (not sure who did it),
    HID headlights,
    No windshield and loving it !!

15. Likes Timmi liked this post
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567