Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

27" OG bighorns anyone?

does anyone run 27" OG bighorns? if so can you give me a true height and width measurement? from what I have read the 27s are damn close to 28" true height. can anyone confirm that? also what is the true width of the 27x9x12 and the 27x12x12?
    Redneck Crazy - 2017 Teryx4 LE , 4" portals , cage chop , arched A arms , 32x10x14 pro armor crawler xg , sti hd beadlocks , winch bumper , 5,000# winch , custom snorkels.

Mine measure close to 27.5" and are about 1/2 wore out.

unless u have a built motor, anythang but 25's are lame, but I do love my OG bh's
    Sent from my momma's basement

"The family Comfort Wagon"..JBS sheave, +6 LT w/kings, 4 seat cage w/3 twisted stitch seats

Mike, most of them run bigger or at very least true to size. Even as much as you hit the deep stuff, I think the minor loss in mud grip would be worth the smoothness and high speed handling you will gain on the trail. Mine go pretty well in mud until I bottom out hard.
    JBS 734 with Crank Works crank and rod - CP 11:1 BBK- Hotcams stage 3 Raptor cam - JBS ported head - JBS Hot Rod sheave with 16s - Gold secondary - 26x9 OG Bighorns on Racline wheels - BRP cdi - Bazzaz Z FI - Yoshimura exhaust - Hump's led headlight swap with Trailbrightled lights - 10" Rigid SR light bar - 4" cage chop with home made custom bracing - home built doors - Mishimoto radiator

My 27" BH are practically new (300ish miles) and they measure 27 1/16"
    That's with 14psi front & 16psi rear
    I've never measured the width but my guess is there true to size.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hump View Post
    Mike, most of them run bigger or at very least true to size. Even as much as you hit the deep stuff, I think the minor loss in mud grip would be worth the smoothness and high speed handling you will gain on the trail. Mine go pretty well in mud until I bottom out hard.
    yeah im rethinking the my aggressive tires for a few reasons one of which is the rough ride. I am in a lot of mud but its not peanut butter mud so im sure the horns will do just fine. I may not get thru the hole as fast but im sure I will still get thru just may take some more time or a different line. I know I want nothing smaller then a true 27" tire and I want all 4 tires the same size. I was looking at og bighorns , bearclaw htr and blackwater evolution .
    Redneck Crazy - 2017 Teryx4 LE , 4" portals , cage chop , arched A arms , 32x10x14 pro armor crawler xg , sti hd beadlocks , winch bumper , 5,000# winch , custom snorkels.

i'm also thinking of going with the 27" big horns seems like a great tire , Jamie , (ssol) is running them I cecked them out at the ride and they look great , ive always had bigger tires on all my stuff so not real worried about the power loss, rocky mt atv has them for 600. 00 with free shipping, Teddy is running the bearclaws
    07 camo 660,yoshi duals,kms intake,dynatec cdi,jet kit, montana jack f&r winch mount,w/ warn xt40, 27" bighorns,2" lift, cab with summit heater,aux red top optima, 5 bad ass jrt's on board,itp ss 212s, jbs sheave,14 gr. wts,orange spring, 40 " led light bar, autometer guages,equus tach,innovate afm, jensen ms30 ,jbl 6.5s, elka stage 1 shocks, kenwood 2way radio, alpine ktp445u amp, led headlight mod,twisted stitch harnesses,pro1 doors, 60 amp alternator,power steering, pc925 battery

Quote Originally Posted by madmax 1 View Post
    i'm also thinking of going with the 27" big horns seems like a great tire , Jamie , (ssol) is running them I cecked them out at the ride and they look great , ive always had bigger tires on all my stuff so not real worried about the power loss, rocky mt atv has them for 600. 00 with free shipping, Teddy is running the bearclaws
    yeah same here I have always had big tires my rhino is setup for big heavy tires. I actually want to change the spring or weights im not liking the current clutch setup I am running. rpms are always screaming it has good power quick but its loud as hell. I know teddy runs the htrs and he likes em.

I love my Big Horns but I'm not a mudder. There a great all terrain tire.
    Using Tapatalk

Get Bighorns Mike. I've had mine caked so bad you couldn't see the tread and they still pulled me through. They are much better in mud than people give them credit. They last forever is another big thing.
    JBS 734 with Crank Works crank and rod - CP 11:1 BBK- Hotcams stage 3 Raptor cam - JBS ported head - JBS Hot Rod sheave with 16s - Gold secondary - 26x9 OG Bighorns on Racline wheels - BRP cdi - Bazzaz Z FI - Yoshimura exhaust - Hump's led headlight swap with Trailbrightled lights - 10" Rigid SR light bar - 4" cage chop with home made custom bracing - home built doors - Mishimoto radiator