Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  27
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Stuff Carrier

I just wanted to add my idea for keeping all my stuff together. I have not been riding but a few years and when I first saw some videos of SxS rollovers it looked like a plane crash with stuff everywhere. I also was concerned that these elements can hurt the riders if bouncing around- a loose beer cooler is a recipe for stitches...... I found a weather-resistant nylon canvas cartop carrier that is about the size of the whole Rhino bed and about three inches short on each side. Has a zipper on two sides, It has D-rings which are strapped to the bed attachment points.When on my side three weeks ago it all stayed in place. I put my tow straps in the open area at the side clipped into the D-rings. I saw that Walmart has a similar carrier for about $30, in case you embrace the idea.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by jimclemjr View Post
    I just wanted to add my idea for keeping all my stuff together. I have not been riding but a few years and when I first saw some videos of SxS rollovers it looked like a plane crash with stuff everywhere. I also was concerned that these elements can hurt the riders if bouncing around- a loose beer cooler is a recipe for stitches...... I found a weather-resistant nylon canvas cartop carrier that is about the size of the whole Rhino bed and about three inches short on each side. Has a zipper on two sides, It has D-rings which are strapped to the bed attachment points.When on my side three weeks ago it all stayed in place. I put my tow straps in the open area at the side clipped into the D-rings. I saw that Walmart has a similar carrier for about $30, in case you embrace the idea.
    VERY GOOD point !! The only thing "loose" in mine is the tow strap , and the empties . A good friend of my dads was killed when he ran his pick-up in the ditch . He was slung over in the passenger side (wasn't wearing his seatbelt) and a D-8 battery that was in the back , flew through the back glass , and took him out !!
    08 700 ...

Quote Originally Posted by scottwv View Post
    VERY GOOD point !! The only thing "loose" in mine is the tow strap , and the empties . A good friend of my dads was killed when he ran his pick-up in the ditch . He was slung over in the passenger side (wasn't wearing his seatbelt) and a D-8 battery that was in the back , flew through the back glass , and took him out !!
    That's sad to hear.

There was a fellow killed here last week, when he slid off the road in a storm and hit a pole. He was carrying a load of skids in the back of his pick-up. One came through the rear window and took him out.

I used to keep a 4'x8'x3/8" steel plate in the back of my truck for weight in the winter.
    I took it out. What a guillotine that would be if you were ever hit from behind.

If you ride in the middle of nowhere, like most of us do. its good to bring as much as u can. i fall into this as well. i nik named my rhino cap.. "the shed" cuz it has everything in it.

Banned
    beer, Koozie, Copenhagen, pistol and my cell phone

and damn that video...I fell asleep like three times!

I watched the first minute and realized it's 30 min long... gave up on that. Where I ride is pretty remote and nasty steep cliffs and jagged granite rocks. No cell service usually.

Spare tire and wheel
    Tool bag
    Portable compressor
    Tire plug kit
    First aid kit
    Cooler with food and beer
    Extra oil
    Tow strap
    Army shovel
    Jacket and beanie
    In the winter and spring I keep a cheap craftsman chain saw with me since we get a lot of fallen trees.
    Still need to buy a winch as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by moobster View Post
    That's sad to hear.

There was a fellow killed here last week, when he slid off the road in a storm and hit a pole. He was carrying a load of skids in the back of his pick-up. One came through the rear window and took him out.

I used to keep a 4'x8'x3/8" steel plate in the back of my truck for weight in the winter.
    I took it out. What a guillotine that would be if you were ever hit from behind.
    on the duallys I do that in the winter. one is a 1/2 inch thinck. works great. but..... I have four 1/2 bolts to the frame. I'd much rather bolt a piece of steel down than have to tube sand torpedoes sliding around loose. sled deck works awesome as well. and its secured. lol
    08 700SE
    --Beast Mode--
    JBS BBK stroker w/clutching
    MTS

I purchased a set of traction pads for winter tracking season. Haven't used them yet but I know they'll be used several time throughout the winter.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	10558  
    06/450: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod Sheave/12gr OD's; Blue Spring; 04 Style/KN Air; Dyna CDI; Axia Exhaust Tip; 3" Lift; Sport Shocks; 27X14 Mudlite XTR's; Warn 2500#

08/700: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod X-Sheave/16gr OD's/Slugged; Purple Spring; Alba TB; Raptor HotCam; MSD/JBS-Map; Yoshimura Duals; Pro One Doors; LSR MTS; LSR Front & Back Supports; Ricochet Skids; Elka 4's; RackZilla/PS: 26X12 Pitbull Growlers; Camoplast T4S; Viper 4500#; Trail Bright LEDs.
    Let'em Buck!!!

9. Likes JBFIREMAN, 08Rhino450SE liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny G View Post
    I purchased a set of traction pads for winter tracking season. Haven't used them yet but I know they'll be used several time throughout the winter.

These saved my azz several weeks ago after falling through a wind blown area where the snow drifted and was soft underneath. Would highly recommend them to anyone that tracks winter snow.
    06/450: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod Sheave/12gr OD's; Blue Spring; 04 Style/KN Air; Dyna CDI; Axia Exhaust Tip; 3" Lift; Sport Shocks; 27X14 Mudlite XTR's; Warn 2500#

08/700: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod X-Sheave/16gr OD's/Slugged; Purple Spring; Alba TB; Raptor HotCam; MSD/JBS-Map; Yoshimura Duals; Pro One Doors; LSR MTS; LSR Front & Back Supports; Ricochet Skids; Elka 4's; RackZilla/PS: 26X12 Pitbull Growlers; Camoplast T4S; Viper 4500#; Trail Bright LEDs.
    Let'em Buck!!!

11. Likes JBFIREMAN, Snorider liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234