Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  209
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Resurrected Rhino Cont.

I wanted to get Baxter's bad azz build thread over here ....

All info has been copied directly from http://hotrodrhinoforums.forumotion....urrected-rhino

This will be a long and drawn out project but I thought I post some pics before I start cuttin it up.This is my personal Rhino.it's an 08 with LS MTS 27.5 Pittbulls and Hiper beadlocks.As stated before it getting boat sided which means I'm taking the rocker tube up 6" from the frame out.Bed delete and crab cut of the bed sides.6" drop in the seats and Fuel cell relocation with some carbon fiber work at the end.Oh I set the factory cage back on it for a good before and afterwards pic.My next job won't be here till Fri so I'll start on it in the morning.The next pic is of it sitting in front of a stock rhino on worn out 27" Mud Lights.

Pics a crap I know.I'm not real far on it but I'm fixing the frame wear I puckered it last year.i fit a 3' deep wash out at about 40.I thought I broke both wrists I his so hard.It was pushed in on the lower front A arm back tabs.It's plated with 3/16 now.

2. Thanks 123.bert0621 thanked for this post
    Likes Kenny G liked this post
    I'll play with seat placement a little more after bed is gone and a few other things are done but I ended up taking the rocker up 10 5/8 up instead op 6 and I have the seat lower than 6 but I had to take the B pillar out almost 4" to do so.I'll get better pics up tomorrow maybe.

Here's a few more pics.Building the bottom of this thing is going to take a while.But as I'm designing the drivers side I'm cutting the pass. side parts too.These pics are of the 3/16 aluminum panel in the bottom.The arc bent into this panel is going to make it pretty strong.

Pic of the reinforced lower back A arm mount.Should last a little longer than the factory one did which surprising took a hell of a shot to do what it did.I'd say the spindle giving way absorbed most of it.

4. Likes Kenny G liked this post
    Baxter Built Fabrications posts quoted from original thread ....

"Start bending the top of the cage tomorrow, if it will work.My 4 seat cages have 6 bends and go from one A pillar around the back and to the other A pillar.This one I'm doing on my Rhino now will have 10 bends in it and go from A to A.I've never done that many.Cross your fingures I think I can do it as long as I have help doing it.There will be a lot of lube and leverage hanging off the end of that bender.lol"

"I'll cut the column loose and move it out and down to line up with me.I'll prob put a steering wheel disconnect in and use my very corny but faithfull wheel I've had since I was 16 in my first vehicle.Everyone will laugh but it's been in a lot of my toys and would love to give it a purpose in the Rhino.We'll see though because it's kinda small for a vehicle with no power steering."

Pay no attention to the passenger side.I don't have the right size bungs.It pulls right into shape on the floor I just can't do it on the Rhino yet.But you do start to see what it's going to look like.I wish it would have set on there perfect but with 10 bends in 20' I'm happy with it.Just waiting on UPS to get here before I much further.The next pic is of what I have drawn so far.The bed delete is not in it yet but will make the back look complete.

Still waiting on bungs to get here before I can throw to much tube in it but I didn't have a bunch of time to work on it tonight anyways.Here is a pic of the back I got squared up and tacked into place.

6. Likes Kenny G liked this post
    Baxter Built Fabrications Quote

"There will be an Aluminum plate, then some thermal mat,and then my fuel tank.The fuel tank will be suspended from my cage.So there will be an air gap between them.I'm wanting to make it so when my cage comes off you can get to everything."

I didn't get much time to work on it tonight.But I got this plate made to fill the gap between the tire and the rear bar.Fit pretty good I think.

No new progress but I had a customer ask me if I was doing all this work to it why build around the factory seats.For a while that was the plan.Then he brought one of his Twisted Stitch seats over for me to try out tonight.I think I'm hooked.Sucker that's my job.I'm suppose to talk him into spending money.lmao

8. Likes Kenny G, 123.bert0621 liked this post
    Now we just need Baxter back so we can see his build progress, it's been driving me crazy not seeing this thing go any further.

Sent from Your girlfriends phone
    2015 Teryx 4 LE 800, EMP full glass windshield,JBS floor guards, Street legal kit. Highlifter 2" lift, Super ATV arched A-arms, M20 wheels, 28" ITP Bajacross tires. Bandit shocks, Throttle Maxx throttle pedal extension Rock lights, Terra45 winch, JBS Radiator guards, custom JBS hood decal and tunes!!

It'll be wicked when it's done.
    Commander 1000
    Kawasaki Prairie 400
    Suzuki Ozark 250
    Suzuki 230
    F-250 6.0 Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
    Now we just need Baxter back so we can see his build progress, it's been driving me crazy not seeing this thing go any further.

Sent from Your girlfriends phone
    I agree I heard he has been out of town working for a while. Hopefully he will be back soon.

Sent from the drivers seat of my truck.

JBS 787, bored throttle body , +1ported head, JBS deshrowded valves,kibble white valve springs, muzzy exshaust,dynatek coil,TCP oil cooler, triple pass radiator,billit one steering rack,heavy duty steering tierods, heim joints,+6 long travel,tilt wheel, radius roll cage, JBS rear splash shield
    Bead lock wheels , bear claw tires , power steering

I really need to see more pictures or even the finished machine,running with those huge Jeeps.
    2008 700 sport, JBS sheave OD weights,purple spring,MSD,floor guards,sat radio,RydeOn cover,Aluminum stick guards,JBS radiator guards,JBS skid rear,30`and 10`
    Trailbright LED`s,K&N,rear window,2`lift,RZR seats...
    http://hotrodforums.net/forums/image...ine=1422123669tons of other stuff...

Vendor Baxter Built Fabrications's Avatar
    Sorry fellas no progress has been made.Hoping to call Flemmy and get my seats and some lights ordered here real soon.I'm still working out of town on a job. I've worked on some of the drawing for the back tool boxes and fuel cell cover but that's going to be a sick surprise when I get that far.lol James,I plan to have this thing Vinyl wrapped when I'm done do you mind if I put JBS in the wrap?Just asking before I have your logo copied and put on something else.I think it will be some good advertising for both of us when it's done but it's your call.

14. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Likes WV Hot Rod Rhino, Mrs. Hot Rod liked this post
    that would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast