Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks jimclemjr & SteveS for your suggestions and ideas. I've thought about just taking the bike to a canvas shop and having them made up a removable ragtop also. Looking at options. Would be interested in seeing pictures of both roofs if you've got the time.
    06/450: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod Sheave/12gr OD's; Blue Spring; 04 Style/KN Air; Dyna CDI; Axia Exhaust Tip; 3" Lift; Sport Shocks; 27X14 Mudlite XTR's; Warn 2500#

08/700: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod X-Sheave/16gr OD's/Slugged; Purple Spring; Alba TB; Raptor HotCam; MSD/JBS-Map; Yoshimura Duals; Pro One Doors; LSR MTS; LSR Front & Back Supports; Ricochet Skids; Elka 4's; RackZilla/PS: 26X12 Pitbull Growlers; Camoplast T4S; Viper 4500#; Trail Bright LEDs.
    Let'em Buck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny G View Post
    Thanks jimclemjr & SteveS for your suggestions and ideas. I've thought about just taking the bike to a canvas shop and having them made up a removable ragtop also. Looking at options. Would be interested in seeing pictures of both roofs if you've got the time.
    Roof & vents

Roof from rear

Upper vent open

Upper vent closed
    | I took the one less traveled by....
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #
    |___________________________________

3. Likes robleticia, jimclemjr liked this post
    Banned
    That's a nice looking roof! Good job!

5. Thanks SteveS thanked for this post
    mines 1/8' alum. very durable but formed it in a break
    07 camo 660,yoshi duals,kms intake,dynatec cdi,jet kit, montana jack f&r winch mount,w/ warn xt40, 27" bighorns,2" lift, cab with summit heater,aux red top optima, 5 bad ass jrt's on board,itp ss 212s, jbs sheave,14 gr. wts,orange spring, 40 " led light bar, autometer guages,equus tach,innovate afm, jensen ms30 ,jbl 6.5s, elka stage 1 shocks, kenwood 2way radio, alpine ktp445u amp, led headlight mod,twisted stitch harnesses,pro1 doors, 60 amp alternator,power steering, pc925 battery

KennyG- Be happy to. I should get my Rhino back from James next week so it will prob be next weekend to get them posted. I have not done that yet so time I learned. Probably not real hard.....
    SteveS- nice job, loving the little details- extra gauge pods, vent, rain gutter, running lights, mirror bracket....
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

8. Thanks SteveS thanked for this post
    Still Shakin' the Cage 08Rhino450SE's Avatar
    sweet lookin' ride, steve

how long did it take to figure out the kerf cuts?
    Mountaineers are Always Free!

Quote Originally Posted by 08Rhino450SE View Post
    sweet lookin' ride, steve

how long did it take to figure out the kerf cuts?
    Thanks. I experimented on a relatively narrow strip of leftover material to be sure that it would wrap as I wanted. My biggest problem was that the circular saw that I was using had a bit of endplay in the rotating arbor. That caused a side to side chatter in the kerf that made me rather unhappy. Needless to say, that saw is no longer in my tool collection :-)
    | I took the one less traveled by....
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #
    |___________________________________

11. Likes 08Rhino450SE liked this post
    Still Shakin' the Cage 08Rhino450SE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Thanks. I experimented on a relatively narrow strip of leftover material to be sure that it would wrap as I wanted. My biggest problem was that the circular saw that I was using had a bit of endplay in the rotating arbor. That caused a side to side chatter in the kerf that made me rather unhappy. Needless to say, that saw is no longer in my tool collection :-)
    wow. they look good and parallel in the photo. no way would i have the patience to do that.
    Mountaineers are Always Free!

Quote Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
    We ain't got no stinking rules here!
    Commander 1000
    Kawasaki Prairie 400
    Suzuki Ozark 250
    Suzuki 230
    F-250 6.0 Diesel

Smile

SteveS- you prob already know this but just in case--next time you kerf the ACM you can use a router with a v-groove bit and make your passes with that. Easy to control with a clamp on straight edge guide bar...use a 60 degree bit for best results unless they make one sharper? Not sure..
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast