Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Sorting out PO mods

LHello, everyone. I recently bought a 2011 T2 and am having a hard time figuring out what's stock and what isn't. This is my first Teryx and the usual forums are a PITA to find anything specific on, I've exhausted what they and Google can do for me.

Now then, I've noticed a bit of oil around the intake boots for the heads. There's a port in the bottom, center of the air plenum on the driver's side that has a plug on it, I haven't found a factory pic but all the pics I see of them with a catch can has that plugged. Any chance this machine already has a catch can somewhere? The engine is wrapped in rubber and after the battle to remove the front diff cable I'm not in a hurry to remove anything else I don't have to on this thing...

When I'm going down hills it will hold back to a certain rpm and then start freewheeling. A blip of the throttle will re-engage the engine braking, but letting it drop back to idle for too long will disengage it again. I bring this up because I've been reading about sheave work deleting the "KEBS", and it supposedly produces situations just like that. 4wd works fine and the display changes modes correctly when switching.

I mention the sheave stuff because I took it out when I got it home and as it sat it would run to 50-ish mph and cut out. I put an MSD on it and now it runs to about 55-56 mph, no cutout but that seems to be all the power/RPM it has. Poor thing sounds like it's flying apart up there. Someone has been in there for a belt replacment at least so I'm wondering what I'll potentially find when I open it up.

I'd like to sent it to the V-force dude for sheave work but want to have an idea of what I've got before I start pulling covers and making plans. I would think if it had any sheave work it would be able to move past 55 a little better than it does. Tire size is a pretty short 25", the knockoff bighorns that will be getting replaced with 27" Executioners ASAP.

Another note, the engine doesn't seem to care if the ebrake is left on, I've read they'll cut power somehow if it's left on, mine does no such thing. Something as simple as an ebrake switch or is there something also in the sheave that could have something to do with it?

I appreciate any input, I'm flying pretty blind here. Thanks!

2. Likes Kenny G liked this post
    Tacoclaw, sister forum Rocks & Ruts has a lot of Kawi T bikes that might beable to help if you need. I don't know anything about them. Sounds like the msd let you pass up the rev limiter, what's the cc on the '11 T2?
    06/450: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod Sheave/12gr OD's; Blue Spring; 04 Style/KN Air; Dyna CDI; Axia Exhaust Tip; 3" Lift; Sport Shocks; 27X14 Mudlite XTR's; Warn 2500#

08/700: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod X-Sheave/16gr OD's/Slugged; Purple Spring; Alba TB; Raptor HotCam; MSD/JBS-Map; Yoshimura Duals; Pro One Doors; LSR MTS; LSR Front & Back Supports; Ricochet Skids; Elka 4's; RackZilla/PS: 26X12 Pitbull Growlers; Camoplast T4S; Viper 4500#; Trail Bright LEDs.
    Let'em Buck!!!

Thanks for the heads-up, man, I'll check it out!

Pretty dead over there, been up for a couple days and has 20 views. XD

I didn't catch the second half of your post, sorry. 750cc, and yeah I think the MSD did its job but the engine sounds pretty thrashy up that high.