Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Yes. I don't know if that is a 100% kosher move, but it has worked for me on other installs. Correct me if I am wrong, please, but the only fault I could see with such is if you were trying to run multiple high amp draw accessories from the fuse block and were also winching simultaneously. Then, perhaps it would be possible to overload the 6 gauge wiring provided with the winch.
    I dont think there is anything wrong with it. Just keep in mind that if your really stuck and winching a lot turn everything off. It would act like a distribution block.

I think I'm going to do the same thing on mine.
    2016 YXZ Yellow SE

old ride 2 11 Polaris RZR XP 900 White Lightning Edition all stock for now.

old old ride. 06 JBS built 686 , Benachmark ported head , Falicon rod , JBS sheave , Alba pipe and fuel pump , custom cage , HID head lights , 26" GBC Dirt Tamers on SS212 wheels , Superwinch Terra 45 w/ Synthetic Rope , Dynatek CDI

2. Thanks Chris thanked for this post
    Actually grabbing it from the wincht is what Polaris does or did for the early 900 ranger for their factory power strip.

They even have a $60.00 harness to go from the winch to it that they want you to buy. Lol.
    08 700SE
    --Beast Mode--
    JBS BBK stroker w/clutching
    MTS

Chris, what is the block to the left of the Blue Sea fuse block? Is that for the wench? Like your install and going to wire my 2016 Ranger 900 next week so I can add lights etc.

Yes, mounted to the left of the fuse block is the Viper 5000 winch contactor. I mounted it there to minimize the wire run. It works pretty good, and it is easily accessible in the event I need to replace it.

EDIT:

I attached another pic that shows how I also use this fuse block-I use it to keep my battery charged since I have a subwoofer under the passenger seat. The sub makes getting to the battery difficult as the sub is bolted down. Since the fuse block is wired to the battery with heavy gauge wire, I have no problems even jumping other vehicles from these posts where you see the battery clamps.
    2015 Polaris Ranger 900
    RVS 86HP Tune | Elka Shocks | QSC Clutching | 27" VIPRs | 5000lb Viper | Baja Designs Lights | Wet Sounds Stealth 10 | 10" SSV Subwoofer | Highlifter Snorkels

2014 Kawasaki Teryx4 800

Warn Provantage 4500-S
    28" Terminators | MSA Kore | Highlifter Lift | 50" Radius Lightbar | Dual Batteries |

2011 Yamaha Rhino 734 Sport
    Alba 734 | Racer's Edge +2 head | CP 11:1 Piston | 46mm Benchmark TB | JBS Sheave, Muzzys | WER shocks | CATVOS 3" lift | 30" Bighorns

Got it. Thanks! Hope to get all my lights hooked up and your thread has helped me plan my wiring.

Fnally, this is the final setup of my electrical work. I switched amplifiers a couple of times before I found what worked best for me. The JL amp is perfect for my 10" sub.
    2015 Polaris Ranger 900
    RVS 86HP Tune | Elka Shocks | QSC Clutching | 27" VIPRs | 5000lb Viper | Baja Designs Lights | Wet Sounds Stealth 10 | 10" SSV Subwoofer | Highlifter Snorkels

2014 Kawasaki Teryx4 800

Warn Provantage 4500-S
    28" Terminators | MSA Kore | Highlifter Lift | 50" Radius Lightbar | Dual Batteries |

2011 Yamaha Rhino 734 Sport
    Alba 734 | Racer's Edge +2 head | CP 11:1 Piston | 46mm Benchmark TB | JBS Sheave, Muzzys | WER shocks | CATVOS 3" lift | 30" Bighorns

8. Likes Timmi, SteveS liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12