Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

another battery thread.

does anyone know what the biggest battery that will fit in the stock location is? I only run 1 battery it has worked fine for me for 8 years so I see not need in spending the money on changing to duals or 1 large single under the seat. I just want the biggest that will fit in the stock location does anyone know what that is?
    Redneck Crazy - 2017 Teryx4 LE , 4" portals , cage chop , arched A arms , 32x10x14 pro armor crawler xg , sti hd beadlocks , winch bumper , 5,000# winch , custom snorkels.

Yamaha Rhino Odyssey Extreme Replacement Battery with "L" Terminal Brackets Kit
    PC925 Odyssey Battery Fits Yamaha Rhino Plus More with Copper "L" Terminal Bracket Kit

DETAILS:Odyssey, the extreme battery. The combination of extreme power and performance makes ODYSSEY® batteries perfect for a range of applications, including auto/LTV, marine, commercial, racing and power sports. ODYSSEY batteries deliver twice the overall power and three times the life of conventional batteries!

The Odyssey battery ingeniously uses absorbed glass mat (AGM) technology to offer, in one box, the characteristics of two separate batteries. It can deep cycle as well as provide enormous cranking power.

These batteries are capable of providing engine cranking pulses in excess of 2250A for 5 seconds as well as 400 charge/discharge cycles to 80% depth of discharge (DOD). A typical starting, lighting and ignition (SLI) battery can do one or the other, but not both.

Odyssey AGM batteries will do both - provide short duration high amperage pulse or low rate long duration drains.
    EXTREME POWER
    Phenomenal starting power and massive deep cycle reserve power in one battery!
    Some batteries provide enormous cranking power. Others, deep cycle reserve power. The revolutionary ODYSSEY™ battery is designed to do both.
    How is this possible? The answer begins with flat plates made of 99.99% pure virgin lead - not lead alloy. Pure lead plates can be made thinner, so we can fit more of them in the battery. More ODYSSEY battery plates mean more plate surface area. And that means more power - twice as much as conventional batteries.
    In fact, ODYSSEY batteries are capable of providing engine cranking pulses in excess of 2250 amps for 5 seconds - double to triple that of conventional batteries, even at very low temperatures. And they can handle 400 charge-discharge cycles to 80% depth of discharge.
    The extreme combination of power and performance makes ODYSSEY batteries perfect for a range of applications, including automotive/LTV, marine, commercial, and power sports.

PC 925 Specs:

• Nominal Voltage = 12V
    • Internal res (milli-ohms) = 5
    • Short circuit current over 2400A
    • 10 Hour capacity ah = 27
    • 20 Hour capacity ah = 28
    • Reserve mins @ 25amps = 52
    • PHCA = 925
    • CCA = 380
    • HCA = 625
    • MCA = 500
    • 925 cranking amps for 5 secs
    • 870 cranking amps for 10 secs
    • 765 cranking amps for 20 secs
    • Short circuit current over 2400A
    • 28 amp hours
    • Female brass terminal M6
    • Height = 5.04" (128.0mm)
    • Width = 7.05" (179.0mm)
    • Length = 6.64" (168.6mm)
    • Weighs 26 lbs (11.8 kg)
    Odyssey design:

• Pure virgin lead plates for maximum surface area, optimized recycling
    • AGM battery design eliminates acid spills
    • High conductivity, corrosion resistant tin-plated brass terminals
    • High integrity terminal seal
    • Completely sealed - all gases recycled internally
    • Self-regulating relief valve
    • Many models have tough flame retardant containers
    • Robust internal cell connections prevent vibration damage
    • Rugged Drycell sealed design
    • Military grade
    • Vibration resistant
    • 60% more starting power
    • Deep discharge reserve power
    • 2 year storage life
    • 8-12 year design life
    • Can be mounted in any position

Applications:

• Universal Application, All Yamaha Rhinos

Condition:

• NEW in Package

Includes:

• PC925 Odyssey Battery
    • Copper "L" Bracket Terminal Adapter Kit. Makes installing much easier

This seems to be the most powerful one that fits, not cheap.
    2008 700 sport, JBS sheave OD weights,purple spring,MSD,floor guards,sat radio,RydeOn cover,Aluminum stick guards,JBS radiator guards,JBS skid rear,30`and 10`
    Trailbright LED`s,K&N,rear window,2`lift,RZR seats...
    http://hotrodforums.net/forums/image...ine=1422123669tons of other stuff...

3. Thanks madmax 1 thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    does anyone know what the biggest battery that will fit in the stock location is? I only run 1 battery it has worked fine for me for 8 years so I see not need in spending the money on changing to duals or 1 large single under the seat. I just want the biggest that will fit in the stock location does anyone know what that is?
    You can probably answer your own question if you study the existing battery fit. You will likely find that the stock battery box will just barely accept the existing U1 format battery in width and depth (front to back dimension). It is a tight fit as it is, which you would find if you pull the existing battery out and then put it back in. You probably could figure out a way to put a taller battery with the same width and depth but you would have to leave off the battery box cover plate. I am not aware of any standard format battery that has that sort of dimensions. It would be a tedious search, but perhaps you could find something with a Google search or the like.

The Odyssey PC925 (which is actually no bigger, if not smaller) is a completely different format but fits in there if you put it in on it's side. The terminals end up facing the front of the machine so the stock cables will indeed work. Do not tilt a non-sealed battery as you would not want the battery acid to drain out. A lot of people swear by it, but the capacity specs (Amp-Hours) is really no better. The Amp Hour rating of the U1 battery varies with brand and model, and some actually exceed the Odyssey. The Odyssey is a battery built of premium materials, some have metal jackets, etc. That shows in the price of those batteries.

I am not a great believer in going by the "Cranking Amps" rating of a battery as the engine in the machine does not require an enormous amount of current to crank it over. The Amp Hour capacity is how much current you can draw over a given amount of time, which is more appropriate for how long you can run the machine if you exceed the charging capacity of the machine's alternator.
    | I took the one less traveled by....
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #
    |___________________________________

5. Likes Kenny G, jimclemjr, madmax 1 liked this post
    35ah battery is aprox 300 cca maybe a little less I think the OEM battery is about 35ah.
    2008 700 sport, JBS sheave OD weights,purple spring,MSD,floor guards,sat radio,RydeOn cover,Aluminum stick guards,JBS radiator guards,JBS skid rear,30`and 10`
    Trailbright LED`s,K&N,rear window,2`lift,RZR seats...
    http://hotrodforums.net/forums/image...ine=1422123669tons of other stuff...

thanks for the help
    Redneck Crazy - 2017 Teryx4 LE , 4" portals , cage chop , arched A arms , 32x10x14 pro armor crawler xg , sti hd beadlocks , winch bumper , 5,000# winch , custom snorkels.

Most atv batteries are about the same size. This is the one I have
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A28NDQP1LYSR61

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

9. Thanks madmax 1 thanked for this post
    Likes 123.bert0621 liked this post
    good specs on that battery Timmi did it fit without mods and how do you like it , damn I just remembered you don't have a rhino
    07 camo 660,yoshi duals,kms intake,dynatec cdi,jet kit, montana jack f&r winch mount,w/ warn xt40, 27" bighorns,2" lift, cab with summit heater,aux red top optima, 5 bad ass jrt's on board,itp ss 212s, jbs sheave,14 gr. wts,orange spring, 40 " led light bar, autometer guages,equus tach,innovate afm, jensen ms30 ,jbl 6.5s, elka stage 1 shocks, kenwood 2way radio, alpine ktp445u amp, led headlight mod,twisted stitch harnesses,pro1 doors, 60 amp alternator,power steering, pc925 battery

For my Grizzly 660, I bought a lipo battery from Advance Auto Parts. About 100 bucks, but you can stack 2 in the battery box of the Grizz! They have a few different sizes. This is what I plan on using when I get a Viking.

Quote Originally Posted by madmax 1 View Post
    good specs on that battery Timmi did it fit without mods and how do you like it , damn I just remembered you don't have a rhino
    sorry, just saw this, it's the same size as a Rhino battery, does great!

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

13. Thanks madmax 1 thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wacky View Post
    For my Grizzly 660, I bought a lipo battery from Advance Auto Parts. About 100 bucks, but you can stack 2 in the battery box of the Grizz! They have a few different sizes. This is what I plan on using when I get a Viking.
    both of those together probly weigh what one lead battery does

"
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast