Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  29
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by casparisviKING View Post
    I lookd at that one. Its really nice but expensive. I think the sig was around 6-700. The shield was only 400 and my cousin threw down a 100 for me to hold it and didnt want the money back so i got it for 300!!
    Walther and Smith make a 40 ss too if I remember right
    hell, they're all expensive.
    I never buy new, too much paperwork

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

2. Likes scottwv liked this post
    ^I agree.
    Commander 1000
    Kawasaki Prairie 400
    Suzuki Ozark 250
    Suzuki 230
    F-250 6.0 Diesel

Shot placement is better than all the knock down power one can carry. Plain and simple a 45, 10 mm, 40 and all that is below are useless if you can't control your point of aim. Hell a good 22 LR is better than 6 misses with a 45.

I have a G-19 with 50000+ rounds through it with zero malfunctions. Scott owns my old G-17 with well over 20000 rounds through it. And zero issues. Lol he carries my exwifes G-19 it had 2000+ through it and who knows at this point how many more have been put down range. I started out with Springfield moved down to a Kimber then found my home in the glock family. There's not any guns I dislike but there are some I prefer. I have shot all models of glocks except the 357 sig models and have owned everything other than the sig, and 10mm models. In my opinion the easiest way to know if you have a good carry model is simply no malfunctions and a quarter sized circle at 21 foot with 50% + of the mags capacity in that circle. If it's any less than that it's not a carry gun or you need a smaller Cal and or a lot more practice. Reliability and precision shot placement is the key to a carry gun. It's the one gun that has to work in a pinch and you have to be able to police your bullets. One shot one hit ten shots ten hits.
    Using Tapatalk

5. Likes 08Rhino450SE, scottwv liked this post
    I probly ain't paying attention to the topic but for knockdown power I am talking about concealed carry. I figure I'll be close enough and it's all gonna be coming down around me that long distance aiming ain't gonna matter. I always place shots, never lay down 4-5 rounds randomly. I will stick with the 30S until something I am more comfortable with comes along. My shtf gun is a 10/22 and/or a 30/30 along with a 38 revolver. Three of the most reliable, easy to carry and get ammo for, 45 acp and 9mm not withstanding...

Quote Originally Posted by brokeback rzr800 View Post
    Shot placement is better than all the knock down power one can carry. Plain and simple a 45, 10 mm, 40 and all that is below are useless if you can't control your point of aim. Hell a good 22 LR is better than 6 misses with a 45.

I have a G-19 with 50000+ rounds through it with zero malfunctions. Scott owns my old G-17 with well over 20000 rounds through it. And zero issues. Lol he carries my exwifes G-19 it had 2000+ through it and who knows at this point how many more have been put down range. I started out with Springfield moved down to a Kimber then found my home in the glock family. There's not any guns I dislike but there are some I prefer. I have shot all models of glocks except the 357 sig models and have owned everything other than the sig, and 10mm models. In my opinion the easiest way to know if you have a good carry model is simply no malfunctions and a quarter sized circle at 21 foot with 50% + of the mags capacity in that circle. If it's any less than that it's not a carry gun or you need a smaller Cal and or a lot more practice. Reliability and precision shot placement is the key to a carry gun. It's the one gun that has to work in a pinch and you have to be able to police your bullets. One shot one hit ten shots ten hits.

"
    White Shadow " Wolverine X2
    JBS Performance Extreme Sheave
    JBS Performance Suspension Springs
    Team Alba Racing ECU
    Rigid Side Shooter Led
    Yamaha Cab Enclosure
    Bazooka Party Bar

....20000 rounds....you "forgot" to mention it was wore-out when I bought it !?! lol
    08 700 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Timmi View Post
    I probly ain't paying attention to the topic but for knockdown power I am talking about concealed carry. I figure I'll be close enough and it's all gonna be coming down around me that long distance aiming ain't gonna matter. I always place shots, never lay down 4-5 rounds randomly. I will stick with the 30S until something I am more comfortable with comes along. My shtf gun is a 10/22 and/or a 30/30 along with a 38 revolver. Three of the most reliable, easy to carry and get ammo for, 45 acp and 9mm not withstanding...
    I maybe confused. Are your considering 21' to be long distance. From 21' to point blank you will need something other than a handgun to take out the threat. Unless you have extensive training and practice on a weekly to daily basis.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scottwv View Post
    ....20000 rounds....you "forgot" to mention it was wore-out when I bought it !?! lol
    Don't start no shit you knew what you was buying and loved it. 😂
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Timmi View Post
    Not a thing wrong with the 30s ...the only thing "wrong" with the 36 , is its limited capacity. Most people have the mindset of bigger is "better" . They go out and buy a big gun and a box of shells , shoot it once or twice , and strap it on their side ...whether or not they hit what they were aiming at . This is the norm , WAY more than you realize !! Practice is the most important responsibility of owning a firearm !! Not only shooting at the target ; but , if you carry everyday , you need to draw and shoot without "aiming" as well ! Regardless of the caliber chosen , if you don't practice often...ya just as well carry a claw-hammer .
    08 700 ...

11. Likes ryanO, Timmi liked this post
    How many of you guys practice in a stressed setting??? If some body was charging you down do u think your gonna think about getting your stance just right or adjusting your grip so you can make sure you put 5 shots in center mass????? Most likely not thinking about that stuff I kno I'm not. I don't give a shit where I place shots as long as they hit my intended target weather it be center mass the arm or leg it's gonna slow that threat down. Don't get me wrong I shoot my pistols at the range to see how well I can hold a group but there's no life and death stress at the range. For me I'm taking that punch of my 45 but that's what I'm confident with I kno my gun and kno how to operate it. Is that gonna save me from that possible threat I don't know I would like to think I'm ready if that should ever happen but in reality you don't kno when or where that threat may come. Shoot what you kno and what your comfortable with... The way I look at it is whatever gun saves mine or my family's life that gun is gonna be my favorite.......you don't have to listen to the gaylock fan boys there all just Internet trolls anyway lol(jk Scott)
    Follow me on Instagram @rdavis512
    For updates on the build and other randomness

Old No.7

2015 camo Viking eps
    JBS extreme clutch with secret rainbow spring
    16" msa throttle wheels wrapped in 35" terms
    50" light bar with strobes
    Teryx shocks
    superatv 4" portals
    Strong made lift(3")
    Chopped cage 3"
    Boss blue tooth amp with 2 4"pods And 2 6" pods
    Half windshield

Old no7 build thread

http://hotrodforums.net/forums/showt...?3501-Old-No-7

13. Likes Timmi, madmax 1 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanO View Post
    How many of you guys practice in a stressed setting??? If some body was charging you down do u think your gonna think about getting your stance just right or adjusting your grip so you can make sure you put 5 shots in center mass????? Most likely not thinking about that stuff I kno I'm not. I don't give a shit where I place shots as long as they hit my intended target weather it be center mass the arm or leg it's gonna slow that threat down. Don't get me wrong I shoot my pistols at the range to see how well I can hold a group but there's no life and death stress at the range. For me I'm taking that punch of my 45 but that's what I'm confident with I kno my gun and kno how to operate it. Is that gonna save me from that possible threat I don't know I would like to think I'm ready if that should ever happen but in reality you don't kno when or where that threat may come. Shoot what you kno and what your comfortable with... The way I look at it is whatever gun saves mine or my family's life that gun is gonna be my favorite.......you don't have to listen to the gaylock fan boys there all just Internet trolls anyway lol(jk Scott)
    That's what I was saying...I like shooting for groups too ; but , ya need to practice drawing and shooting as well !! Like Chris said , there's not any gun I don't like...some I prefer over others tho . I have people ask me all the time what type of pistol they should buy . First thing I ask is what their intent is for it...personal protection , or target shooting . I tell them I am partial to Glocks...I like my wheel guns too ; but , they need to go to the gun store and hold several different ones , and buy whichever one feels the best in their hand . I always recommend a smaller caliber for new shooters , no matter how big their ego is .
    08 700 ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast