Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wet Sounds Stealth 10 Problems

My two month old Wet Sounds Stealth 10 has been less than reliable.

A month ago, the buttons quit responding while the unit was playing. It wouldn't skip tracks or adjust volume unless it was done via Bluetooth. When I turned off the unit, it would never power back on. I called Wet Sounds and they were helpful, issuing me a RMA. They determined the Bluetooth controller was defective, repaired it, and shipped it back to me within a week.

Recently, the sound bar has started acting up again. The buttons become unresponsive, and the unit will not power up after killing the power at the battery. The only difference is that it actually powered back up and is functioning normally after a couple of days. Weird.

The bar is wired through a Carling Contura X switch. The switch energizes a 40A waterproof relay that ultimately feeds the Stealth 10. The Stealth 10 has not gotten wet: I have not trailered it through the rain, it stays in a climate-controlled garage when not in use, and I don't even spray water on the roof when washing. I don't get it. I thought Wet Sounds was a premium brand. Has anyone else has reliability issues with the Stealth Series sounds bars?

When it works, it absolutely jams and is crystal clear. I've had two different generations SSV WP-OU4 overhead stereos and the Stealth 10 is significantly louder and more clear at higher volumes. However, this has not been a particularly confidence inspiring experience considering the $700+ I paid.

Does having the Stealth 10 wired up through a sealed Contura X switch and powered by 40A relay cause problems?

It doesn't make sense that this would cause issues, but I don't want to be so bold to think I cannot be wrong.
    2015 Polaris Ranger 900
    RVS 86HP Tune | Elka Shocks | QSC Clutching | 27" VIPRs | 5000lb Viper | Baja Designs Lights | Wet Sounds Stealth 10 | 10" SSV Subwoofer | Highlifter Snorkels

2014 Kawasaki Teryx4 800

Warn Provantage 4500-S
    28" Terminators | MSA Kore | Highlifter Lift | 50" Radius Lightbar | Dual Batteries |

2011 Yamaha Rhino 734 Sport
    Alba 734 | Racer's Edge +2 head | CP 11:1 Piston | 46mm Benchmark TB | JBS Sheave, Muzzys | WER shocks | CATVOS 3" lift | 30" Bighorns

2. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Sorry I'm not much help but I have looked at those in the past & you would thank for that amount of money it would be more reliable.

JBS 787, bored throttle body , +1ported head, JBS deshrowded valves,kibble white valve springs, muzzy exshaust,dynatek coil,TCP oil cooler, triple pass radiator,billit one steering rack,heavy duty steering tierods, heim joints,+6 long travel,tilt wheel, radius roll cage, JBS rear splash shield
    Bead lock wheels , bear claw tires , power steering

Quote Originally Posted by T.Rhino View Post
    Sorry I'm not much help but I have looked at those in the past & you would thank for that amount of money it would be more reliable.
    Good to hear from you! I'm a little puzzled as well, because every single review I've read about this sound bar has been positive. I don't know if I got a dud, or what! It's just a little strange that I am experiencing a similar issue less than a month after warranty work.
    2015 Polaris Ranger 900
    RVS 86HP Tune | Elka Shocks | QSC Clutching | 27" VIPRs | 5000lb Viper | Baja Designs Lights | Wet Sounds Stealth 10 | 10" SSV Subwoofer | Highlifter Snorkels

2014 Kawasaki Teryx4 800

Warn Provantage 4500-S
    28" Terminators | MSA Kore | Highlifter Lift | 50" Radius Lightbar | Dual Batteries |

Alba 734 | Racer's Edge +2 head | CP 11:1 Piston | 46mm Benchmark TB | JBS Sheave, Muzzys | WER shocks | CATVOS 3" lift | 30" Bighorns

That's a bummer. Hope they make it right.
    Commander 1000
    Kawasaki Prairie 400
    Suzuki Ozark 250
    Suzuki 230
    F-250 6.0 Diesel

Chris,

Sorry to hear about your issues. I work for Wet Sounds, and we want to make this right for you.

The sound bars have been an amazing selling unit. And your issues are not the norm

please call us at 877-938-7757 tech support.

And we can get your bar looked at and new amp and control panel in there as you should not ever have these issues...

if you have any issues or questions, let me know...thank you..brad

7. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino, Chris, SteveS thanked for this post
    Dam you have to love that type of customer service that makes a products price a little easier to understand.

JBS 787, bored throttle body , +1ported head, JBS deshrowded valves,kibble white valve springs, muzzy exshaust,dynatek coil,TCP oil cooler, triple pass radiator,billit one steering rack,heavy duty steering tierods, heim joints,+6 long travel,tilt wheel, radius roll cage, JBS rear splash shield
    Bead lock wheels , bear claw tires , power steering

9. Likes Timmi liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Does having the Stealth 10 wired up through a sealed Contura X switch and powered by 40A relay cause problems?

It doesn't make sense that this would cause issues, but I don't want to be so bold to think I cannot be wrong.
    I'm with you. Neither the switch, nor relay, should be any issue at all. If you have power, you have power.
    | I took the one less traveled by....
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #
    |___________________________________

Brad,

It means a lot to me that you would provide customer service like this. I am happy to say that since this post has been made, my Stealth 10 has been performing flawlessly. It jams. It is clearer and louder than any other overhead stereo bar I have ever owned. I'm not sure what went wrong with it, but after it was sent in to be fixed all has been well. I must say that shipping and properly packing a Stealth 10 for RMA per the tech's advisement is not cheap, but it is what it is. I have no problem paying more for a product if it is better and the customer support is there for those times when something does go wrong. Wet Sounds is still a highly regarded name in outdoor audio in my books.

Thanks again,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by bmartin View Post
    Chris,

Sorry to hear about your issues. I work for Wet Sounds, and we want to make this right for you.

The sound bars have been an amazing selling unit. And your issues are not the norm

And we can get your bar looked at and new amp and control panel in there as you should not ever have these issues...

2015 Polaris Ranger 900

2014 Kawasaki Teryx4 800

Warn Provantage 4500-S

12. Thanks WV Hot Rod Rhino thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by bmartin View Post
    Chris,

thanks for coming to our forum!! we would like to get you a spot on here to advertise if you are interested.. thanks for coming on and taking care of our members like this
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

14. Likes robleticia, 08Rhino450SE, scottwv liked this post

Wet sound not responding

I purchased a stealth 10 and hook it up and it worked all day got home from riding and the Bluetooth want even connect and the remote didn't work either what am I doing wrong

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast