Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No power. .

I found one from can am for 7 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by white07rhino View Post
    I found one from can am for 7 bucks
    That is not bad at all. I came across this with a google search. Did not try to download as it is apparently a slow server unless you pony up some money :-)

http://www.can-amforum.com/forums/ca...e-manuals.html
    | I took the one less traveled by....
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #
    |___________________________________

Cool thanks steve ... ya I'm lazier then I am poor so I dropped the 7 bucks on one I knew would have what i needed being its from brp's Web site

Well I did some wrenching today and got no where ...dam computer controlled junk... well I've got 120 psi on both cylinders good spark and fuel ...still no start...I need an in line fuel pressure tester to check pump...but it seams weak to me and I hope that's all it is ...but still don't understand why the fuel in the oil

Quote Originally Posted by white07rhino View Post
    Well I did some wrenching today and got no where ...dam computer controlled junk... well I've got 120 psi on both cylinders good spark and fuel ...still no start...I need an in line fuel pressure tester to check pump...but it seams weak to me and I hope that's all it is ...but still don't understand why the fuel in the oil
    How does the measured 120 PSI pressure compare with the specs in the shop manual?

I am not really savvy on these EFI machines, but... It seems to me that, if the injector is leaking (as you suggested earlier), the fuel pressure would be low due to low backpressure at the injector. The leakage would indeed explain the fuel in the oil. It strikes me that you should be able to smell raw fuel through the intake system (with the air filter and airbox cover off, perhaps).
    | I took the one less traveled by....
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #
    |___________________________________

In the manual under the service codes section. . There is a code for possible problem with injectors and there is no codes ...i didn't find specs in there for compression numbers but it is 674 pages long....they just showed a leak down test which is next on my list

Have you put air in the cylinder to see if you have leaky rings?

That'll be what the leak down test will do

9. Likes 123.bert0621 liked this post
    I didn't catch your last sentence in post #16. Putting air in the cylinder can tell you what direction you need to be looking.

Ya I've checked every thing I can so far .... I've got Fuel(maybe not enough need to check psi ) got air (got air box off) spark (nice and strong) compression (120 psi both cylinders ) yet still won't run with valve covers off there is blow by coming thru crankcase...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast