Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Down again

Nova Scotia Canada In beautiful Mahone Bay

Down again

Damn it I just can't win. If you can recall, I had a major break down back in Dec when a bolt from middle drive support slammed a hole in case. Any way at the time of repairs I up graded to the bbk from James while I was at it.
    Given the time of year this happened with all the snow around, I could not leave my property. So rhino got a break in at home in driveways. It don't even have 10 km on rebuild. anyway to the point. this past sat. started her up to do yard work and noticed it smoked on start up. thought to myself shit now what. did the same on sun. morning too, as I was coming back to house from end of long ass driveway it started. sounded like valves where coming at me. checked oil and down about half Lt. just in the little time I used it Sunday. My mechanic looked at it this morning and says it developed piston slap. FUCK Got ahold of James today, thats a feat all by itself given how busy he is.
    Anyway, James was great and gave me advice on how to proceed this problem. will get pics tomorrow of cylinder, piston.
    09 734 sport, ported, jbs sheave, 16 gram, purple spring, slugged, cam, full muzzy, hi-flow injector, msd 3d, wicked built rack, cognito spindles, hid / rigid industries led lighting, 26" bear claw radials, 2 inch spacers all round, homemade hood rack, doors, bed rails. Always doing more.

Oh man that sucks! Hate hearing this. I'll be curious to know what caused this
    08 700SE
    --Beast Mode--
    JBS BBK stroker w/clutching
    MTS

That is awful news I hope it is not serious,fingers crossed for you Fabricator.
    2008 700 sport, JBS sheave OD weights,purple spring,MSD,floor guards,sat radio,RydeOn cover,Aluminum stick guards,JBS radiator guards,JBS skid rear,30`and 10`
    Trailbright LED`s,K&N,rear window,2`lift,RZR seats...
    http://hotrodforums.net/forums/image...ine=1422123669tons of other stuff...

That sucks.
    If it's the piston, you'll probably find a broken skirt or a seized wrist pin.
    Piston slap occurs on old worn out motors.
    As long as the wrist pin didn't come out, there shouldn't be any real damage.
    New piston, quick hone, and you'll be back up and running.
    Pay particular attention to the rockers when you pull the valve cover off.
    Your problem may be there.

My mechanic is coming over noon tomorrow. we will know for sure then.
    he was 100% sure this morning that it was slap.
    just don't under stand it, new build, under 10 km on it in my own driveway.
    never any more than half peddle at any time.
    09 734 sport, ported, jbs sheave, 16 gram, purple spring, slugged, cam, full muzzy, hi-flow injector, msd 3d, wicked built rack, cognito spindles, hid / rigid industries led lighting, 26" bear claw radials, 2 inch spacers all round, homemade hood rack, doors, bed rails. Always doing more.

Sorry to hear Fabricator, maybe won't be to bad . hope you up an going soon .
    2007 SE 660, Hotrods 4mm crank, Wisco 2 over 10/1 piston, head ported w/ +2mm valves, mud buster cam, billet middle gear support, JBS sheave 14g /purple spring, friction washers, slugged wet clutch +6 grams, Gibson header & muffler, 4000 lb winch, hi-flow fuel pump, K&N air filter/w pro-flow adapter, A/F gauge, 3in lift, 26 mud-lites, snorkeled, floor board guards, JBS radiator guards, fender flare's, rzr seats

The piston gets its oil mainly from the crank throwing it on the cylinder walls correct? I wonder if your oil is getting back to the crankcase properly?
    Commander 1000
    Kawasaki Prairie 400
    Suzuki Ozark 250
    Suzuki 230
    F-250 6.0 Diesel

Bummmer dude. I'd be a bit pissed-off too.
    06/450: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod Sheave/12gr OD's; Blue Spring; 04 Style/KN Air; Dyna CDI; Axia Exhaust Tip; 3" Lift; Sport Shocks; 27X14 Mudlite XTR's; Warn 2500#

08/700: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod X-Sheave/16gr OD's/Slugged; Purple Spring; Alba TB; Raptor HotCam; MSD/JBS-Map; Yoshimura Duals; Pro One Doors; LSR MTS; LSR Front & Back Supports; Ricochet Skids; Elka 4's; RackZilla/PS: 26X12 Pitbull Growlers; Camoplast T4S; Viper 4500#; Trail Bright LEDs.
    Let'em Buck!!!

something didnt go right...did he have to file the rings
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

Quote Originally Posted by WV Hot Rod Rhino View Post
    something didnt go right...did he have to file the rings
    he said he didn't, but will confirm later today.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast