Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking

Looking

Looking to buy 4pt. belts with car like latches and harness bar for 2008 450 . Or some advice on the best place to buy bar and belts Thanks everyone

I got my 5 point belts from Flimmy. Best price around. I made my own bar and welded it in. There are a few manufacturers that sell the bars that are either weld on or clamp on. Just a personal preference, but consider 5 point belts. I've tried using mine as a 4 point and without the belt that goes between your legs, the one around your waist constantly rides up. Pretty uncomfortable.
    2016 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec SE. 12" double row LED's from Flimmy, Warn Vantage 3000, SSV works audio system.......I need to add more parts!!!!!

3. Likes robleticia liked this post
    I just looked at Flimmy's website, http://www.trailbrightled.com/ but didn't see them. I just called him to order mine. Can't remember if they were on the website back then or not.
    2016 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec SE. 12" double row LED's from Flimmy, Warn Vantage 3000, SSV works audio system.......I need to add more parts!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NickH View Post
    I got my 5 point belts from Flimmy. Best price around. I made my own bar and welded it in. There are a few manufacturers that sell the bars that are either weld on or clamp on. Just a personal preference, but consider 5 point belts. I've tried using mine as a 4 point and without the belt that goes between your legs, the one around your waist constantly rides up. Pretty uncomfortable.
    I agree about the 5 point harness, it is much more comfortable to me as well. If you end up upside down, you will find the harness holding you up by the hips/legs and not by the stomach. Put it in as a 5 point, as you can simply elect not to use the crotch strap if you do not like it.
    | I took the one less traveled by....
    | Oh, Oh .

| ............... #
    |___________________________________

I just changed out some 2" belts for 3" that I got a good deal on and they are a whole lot more comfortable-something to think about $.02 worth.
    I have made a couple of harness bars with 1/1/2" pipe with mitered welded corners and some angle brackets. Made one as a straight bar with 5/16 x 2" wide plate about 7" long. Use the factory seat belt bracket attachment point and bolt on each side as the attachment point of the bar. You can make a bar clamp to keep the belts from sliding down the bar with the right size piece of pvc pipe about 1 1/2" long split down the side and slip it over the pipe.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

This week was the first time I used the full benny of my harness. The 'crow 4 point' with quick release worked very good. Did a complete 90* flip over and a slip on the rocks sideways flip and both times the roll and landing was comfortable and easy on the body. I was well held in position and had no problem releasing myself to excrete from the bike. The only time I use the full harness is when I see the possibility because of a flip/roll over. Maybe if your racing you'd want the full 5 point but don't see the need for trail riding. Most trail/rock rollovers will be at a slow speed unless high-balling then strap down with the should harnesses and you've be fine, IMO.
    06/450: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod Sheave/12gr OD's; Blue Spring; 04 Style/KN Air; Dyna CDI; Axia Exhaust Tip; 3" Lift; Sport Shocks; 27X14 Mudlite XTR's; Warn 2500#

08/700: Rhino; JBS Hot Rod X-Sheave/16gr OD's/Slugged; Purple Spring; Alba TB; Raptor HotCam; MSD/JBS-Map; Yoshimura Duals; Pro One Doors; LSR MTS; LSR Front & Back Supports; Ricochet Skids; Elka 4's; RackZilla/PS: 26X12 Pitbull Growlers; Camoplast T4S; Viper 4500#; Trail Bright LEDs.
    Let'em Buck!!!

I sell Pro Armor harnesses in 2", 3" and 4 or 5pt. I sell cheap. Let me know what you want and I'll get you a quote ASAP.

Glad you weren't hurt.
    Commander 1000
    Kawasaki Prairie 400
    Suzuki Ozark 250
    Suzuki 230
    F-250 6.0 Diesel

Thanks

glad your ok!!! where's the pics
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419