Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Seat relocation

Seat relocation

I'm wanting to move my seats down and maybe back and add a 3rd seat. I'm was wondering if yall could post up some pics of how yall mounted them where u put the tank just the general stuff of lowering the seats. I'm fixin to do a full cage on mine and have some ideas but just wanted to see what everyone else done put them all together the good the bad the ugly and make my own

I will give you a thought on my recent experience. I did not want to do a radical chop but just dropped my seat down one inch by taking out the plastic seat carriage and using a flat aluminum plate cut to fit the base. I shimmed the front of the seat about a half inch as I noticed the OEM seat carriage is thicker in the front than the rear. I rode for two days in my mod and found it not as comfortable as the OEM engineered location. My legs were up off the seat more so it put more concentrated load on my butt and was not as comfortable for a whole days riding. I am 6'-1" without a lot of backside padding if that helps you understand the ergonomics involved. I am going to raise the front of the seat the same amount that the difference is in OEM carriage and see how that works. So moral is that the tilt of the seat vs your height is important for long term riding comfort. The more you tilt the seat back the less legroom you have because the seat back hits the cage/cvt intake and makes you slide the seat forward to get the tilt backwards. But if you're doing a severe cage job then this may not matter to you.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

Yea I'm doin a bouncer style cage cuz I plan on beating this little thing like it owes me money and I want to be protected and I want to have a lower center of gravity as well and the cvt tube is what I'm concerned with don't want to go real wide with the cage I'm running corbeu suspension seats all the way around so gonna have to go wider anyway just don't want real wide just lookin at options of what everyone has done thanks for the information tho much appreciated

Vendor Baxter Built Fabrications's Avatar
    I had a max width in mind before I started.I took all the measurements I could.Problem I made was I didn't buy the suspension seats before I did the designing.I run a Lone Star MTS and I wanted the tires to stick out from the widest point of the chassis by a 1"-2".I've tried 2 different Twisted Stitch seats,Master Craft,and I'm having a hard time remembering the 3rd but either way they are all bolstered and would'nt clear the CVT intake.That"s why I'm stuck with the RZR seats on this chassis.Just depends on how far down you want to go.I wanted maximum rocker clearance with the most chop I could get.I've preached to all my customers buy the parts before you start and I broke my own rule.I still have to d osome funky work on my CVT intake to make it work but it will be fine.I'm not sure what your doing for a fuel system but if it's a 700 keep in mind your fuel system is going to run you some good coin if you can't use the factory tank.Good luck on the build.
    08 Resurrected Rhino build and your custom SXS fabrication shop @ Baxter Built Fabrications. Give me a call at 419-953-8509 if you have any questions.

Vendor Baxter Built Fabrications's Avatar
    Your also going to be limited on how far you can go down because of chassis hidth under where you'd put your 3rd rear seat.My seats set lower than the hidth of the chassis under the bed.You could gain space back there but exhaust would have to be custom.Just giving you food for thought.I'll try to get some specs off mine for comparison if you'd like.You could probably squeeze a 4" drop without widening the chassis by just relocating fuel.Not sure with suspension seat.I regret not moving the rear tires back about 4" as well.
    08 Resurrected Rhino build and your custom SXS fabrication shop @ Baxter Built Fabrications. Give me a call at 419-953-8509 if you have any questions.

[IMG]https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/06/ef1d7648b0239ef2bbcae3b6ea0d7f3b.jpg[/IMG

Here's my first time bending tube

I'll probably just lower the seats an inch or two for now and put in the 3rd seat I already have seats and already have 150' of tube just need time to start I'm sure it will be a winter project it's just a 660 stock rite now and it's more for my wife to follow me around in when I'm done with the rhino then the buggy is getting 1 seat for some rock bouncing full assault on hills and whatever else I come up against I beat on both pretty hard my next goal is to have a yamaha product in the srrs and arc races and dominate them rzrs and can ams but that will be in a couple of years