Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The completed sound bar

Here she is. Hopefully I can mount and wire tomorrow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs28.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	5716
    2011 Commander XT 1000

2006 660 Special Edition (Sold)
    Had lots of neat stuff...

Maker of the beaten path UnderDawg's Avatar
    Wow!! That turned out nice.... you got some skills with the fiberglass
    JBS Powered 09 Camo 450 (The UnderDawg)

That looks awesome, nice job!!
    CASPAR
    2016 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec (camo)
    Yamaha roof, Yamaha folding windshield, Yamaha fender flares, Yamaha heavy duty front and rear bumpers, Yamaha toolbox, Yamaha vinyl rear window. JBS sheave and slug kit (18g sliders for now) 28x10x14 blackwater evolution tires on 14 inch MSA M26 dark tint vibe wheels, Superwinch 4,500lb winch, 2-32 inch light bars on front, light pods on pillars, 32 inch ligh bar on back, eagle eye backup lights, homemade led whips,

Nice work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 CAMO EPS
    OEM FRONT WINDSHIELD
    OEM REAR VINYL WINDOW
    CFM SPACERS
    BED MAT
    PRO ARMOR TIRE MOUNT
    CARGO NET
    KFI WINCH
    72" MOOSE PLOW
    FENDER FLARES
    GLOVEBOX BAG
    SEIZMAK MIRRORS
    OEM REAR BUMPER
    32" LIGHT BAR
    STRONGMADE LIFT
    30-11-14 SILVERBACK X-LITE
    14" STI HD4
    LED'S
    JBS SHEEVE AND SLUG KIT

Quote Originally Posted by rodneygt View Post
    Here she is. Hopefully I can mount and wire tomorrow.

Name:	rs28.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	5716
    can you give us your recipe for this. I seen you used felt????
    2012 blue 700
    JBS Stage 2 Extreme sheave: 15gram sliders: gold spring: Dynatek: JBS splash guards: JBS Slugged clutch: 30x9/10x14 Monster Mayhem: 14" ss212: 2"+ JD lift: 4500lb champion winch: hyperlube radiator treatment: rzr seats-JD lowered: JD 3" cage chop: blue underglows/dome light: JD aluminum roof: JD tower speaker bar with 4 1/2" and bluetooth amp: 42" light bar forward cubes rear: Half windshield: Snorkel your UTV by JD:

Quote Originally Posted by jd283 View Post
    can you give us your recipe for this. I seen you used felt????
    Fleece. Like those little throw blankets are made out of. My wife picked some up at the fabric dept at Walmart.

I used bondo brand fiberglass resin. Two coats on the front and a thin coat on the plywood on the backside to protect the wood. The two front coats were 16oz each (edit: the fleece sucked the first coat up, I probably didnt use 3oz of the second coat - warning: you only have 10minutes to get this stuff on before it starts setting up). I used 4oz on the backside. After it was dry I sanded it some. Then I used one spray can of rustoleum truck bed coating which gave about 3 coats on the frontside.

Have a look at the link I posted in the first post. It gave me the idea.

The fiberglass is not structural in mine. If you look at the pic before I covered it, you'll see the ring the radio is mounted in is held to the plywood with two pieces of all-thread and two oak dowels. The spekears have 6-32 bolts that go thru the speaker face, speaker ring and plywood.

I'm wiring it now and will try to get a couple Of mounted pics up later or within a day or so.
    2011 Commander XT 1000

Quote Originally Posted by rodneygt View Post
    Fleece. Like those little throw blankets are made out of. My wife picked some up at the fabric dept at Walmart.

I used bondo brand fiberglass resin. Two coats on the front and a thin coat on the plywood on the backside to protect the wood. The two front coats were 16oz each. I used 4oz on the backside. After it was dry I sanded it some. Then I used one spray can of rustoleum truck bed coating which gave about 3 coats on the frontside.

Have a look at the link I posted in the first post. It gave me the idea.

The fiberglass is not structural in mine. If you look at the pic before I covered it, you'll see the ring the radio is mounted in is held to the plywood with two pieces of all-thread and two oak dowels. The spekears have 6-32 bolts that go thru the speaker face, speaker ring and plywood.

I'm wiring it now and will try to get a couple Of mounted pics up later or within a day or so.
    I have fixed cars n boats But never tried fiberglass fleece. seems like something I could do. wanting to build a box for mine should be an easy first attempt.
    2012 blue 700
    JBS Stage 2 Extreme sheave: 15gram sliders: gold spring: Dynatek: JBS splash guards: JBS Slugged clutch: 30x9/10x14 Monster Mayhem: 14" ss212: 2"+ JD lift: 4500lb champion winch: hyperlube radiator treatment: rzr seats-JD lowered: JD 3" cage chop: blue underglows/dome light: JD aluminum roof: JD tower speaker bar with 4 1/2" and bluetooth amp: 42" light bar forward cubes rear: Half windshield: Snorkel your UTV by JD:

Yeah you can. The harder part for me was engineering the mounting system. If you remove those 4 stainless Allen screws, it hinges down so you can access the wiring. I got it installed yesterday and hooked everything up but then I had to unhook the power and grounds to run up inside of the left cage bar and that was a royal pain in the ass. I still have to hook it back up and there's a trim piece that goes on the side. I ordered the switch below to turn the amp on/off:

Name:	rs31.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	5718Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs32.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	5719
    2011 Commander XT 1000

So my damn switch hasn't made it yet... But I got all of the wiring done (running wire inside the cage tube - not fun - hate grommets!). Also, even tho I always have my roof on (except right now for this install), I wanted to deflect any rain that might make it to the overhead console. I had a piece of 4x4 pvc fence post. I ripped it on the table saw long ways at the corners and made this - basically 4" angle pvc:

Name:	rs33.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	5790

Which I painted and mounted to make this:

Name:	rs34.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	107.5 KB 
ID:	5791

Then I made trim pieces for the sides out of some textured ABS I had:

Name:	rs35.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	5792

Installed:

Name:	rs36.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	5793

Name:	rs37.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	5794

Anyway, its all working. I just have a wire hanging down to plug and unplug until my switch arrives. Sound pretty decent for the lower priced components I used.
    2011 Commander XT 1000

10. Likes 09RhinoAZ liked this post
    Banned

My rhino custom stereo

The ends were an nice finishing touch, nice job!!!

12. Thanks rodneygt thanked for this post
    Likes madmax 1 liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast