Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  18
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by RhinoFreak View Post
    It's loud as hell even with a helmet I'm totally pleased with it and only have 300 bucks into it
    it looks awesome. I bet it does. and I like your rearview mirror as well.
    08 700SE
    --Beast Mode--
    JBS BBK stroker w/clutching
    MTS

So you've had it a year and a half, how has it held up?

I ask because you talked of doing just fleece & resin, but no fiberglass, which gives it the strength. Every place I've researched doing things like this means that it will end up cracking due to the all the bouncing and flexing of the Rhino.
    2006 Rhino 660. Warn Winch, Fox shocks, Black Rhino skid plate, K&N air filters, LED backup lights, 6" LED lights, 2 batteries, Lind battery timer, and more to be determined.

Quote Originally Posted by XabuJr View Post
    So you've had it a year and a half, how has it held up?

I ask because you talked of doing just fleece & resin, but no fiberglass, which gives it the strength. Every place I've researched doing things like this means that it will end up cracking due to the all the bouncing and flexing of the Rhino.
    I missed seeing the question when you posted. I actually sold the bike in the summer and as far as I know it's still holding up fine as we've run into the buyer and they were still happy.

Also, if you noticed in the pics, the glassed material carries no load whatsoever. The radio mount is connected to the baseboard with all thread and dowel. The speakers are bolted through the base plywood. So the fiber material is just for looks. Also, the way it is secured prevents flex/movement.

One suggestion on the radio, when I put a radio in my commander, I went with a boss Mgr350b. It's round like the one I used in the rhino but is more powerful and cheaper. I haven't found that I need an amp. Also when you Bluetooth to your iPhone, you can control song section with the head unit and it gives you the artist name etc.
    2011 Commander XT 1000

2006 660 Special Edition (Sold)
    Had lots of neat stuff...

4. Thanks XabuJr thanked for this post
    Likes XabuJr, Snorider liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234