Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Wolverine sheave

Just wanted to check on something. I installed my sheave and slug kit on my wolverine and was curious if it sounds like I did everything right. It has a lot more get up and go now but I'm only topping out at about 46 mph. That's about the same as I was at with my stock sheave. I have 27" pitbull growlers on 14" sti hd3 wheels so I know that will throw the speedometer off a little. And it's a very heavy tire, I think the ups label had them at 65 pounds for a tire and wheel. Just curious if maybe it sounds like I did something wrong or maybe that's all I'll get with those tires. I also couldn't put on the 2 plastic washers on the spring because I didn't have a big enough socket and I didn't use the cam plate sliders that came with it because they were the yamaha ones and mine only had 100 miles on it so I figured mine were still good. I don't know if that stuff will matter or not. I also don't think I went overboard with the grease either, tried to match what he did in the video. Just looking to see what you guys think, thanks.

too much grease or flopped weight usually...wow 46 is a big loss...mine runs 54 on slight uphill with 26 OG bighorns..they are heavier than stock
    James Davis
    If you have questions call me!!!
    304-673-2602
    304-877-3419
    Check out our web https://jbsperformance.com/
    Email to - jbsperformanceinc@aol.com
    Ship to - 131 Davis Ct., Mt. Hope, WV 25880

So if I put my stock tires on that should tell me if I flopped a weight or too much grease right? I could run 55 with those, stock sheave.

Someone suggested I need a gold spring or maybe even a purple one over on the wolverine forums. Would that help?

Just curious, what would the different spring do anyway?

If you still have the stock tires I'd put them on and try it. Always nice to know how big of a difference there is in the tires. A heavier spring will resist the sheave from traveling into a higher gear for a little longer and bring it back down a little faster. I don't think the spring will make much too much difference in top speed. I'd check other possibilities first. I am not saying a heavier spring is not a good idea, I just don't think it will solve for your issue on the top end. Do you have a GPS or phone app with a speedometer? If you are comparing different size tires, I like to eliminate the speedometer error.
    2007 660 JBS sheave, and MSD Charge

Ok I tore into it today,weights weren't flopped. I took some grease out and gave it a test run with the pitbull tires.i was able to get 55mph on a slight downhill. Coming back up all I could get was 46. We're talking a very slight incline . Like I said before, the tires are heavy so maybe that's all I'll get out of it. Just wanted to see if anybody had any suggestions on anything else to check.

10. Likes Flach24 liked this post
    I have no Wolverine experience but what you are describing is similar to what I found when I went to the taller tires on my stock motor last year. If it's bugging you then put the stock tires on like Chalk said and see what you get. But if you're not hitting rev limiter at the 46, then I will bet your top speed will increase as well as your bottom end jump with the stock size tires. But you will probably see your downhill speed a little slower.
    2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS, Camo, fender ext. 4000 Moto winch w/syn rope, 14"Method B-locks, 27" Maxxis Vipr 9 & 11's, Full flip windshield, A-arm guards, 2 batts, JBS CVT grind, 16 OD, slugs, purple, JBS/Eibach springs, Autometer Temp Gauge
    08 Rhino 700 SE Black Armor, JBS 734 (bbk w/Carillo crank & rod, CP 11:1, deshrouded valves, Raptor springs, Viking cam & FI, MSD, afr Gauge, Unleashed sheave w/JBS OD 18g greased, Purple, slugs, 27" Mudlite XTRs , 6" Chopped , Mishi Rad, ALBA exhaust

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast